March HOM.... Stories, Prizes & Poll...

cbosshog79

The end of the month is here and it is once again that time to recognize some of the better stories that we have seen. We have quite a few this month so you guys have a little reading to do but I can promise they don't dissapoint...

This month we had some great stuff lined up from a few of our members and sponsors. Canislatrans54 (Will Horting) has put together a great set, consisting of a closed reed, open reed, and a howler. The howler if built directly from a fat piece of elk antler base and is something to see.

With all of these calls we should probably help you out with a lanyard that will help you get into the field. You're really going to like this... An EZ Yote Lanyard from EZ Access Gear will accompany the HOM package this month and let me tell you, it's NICE!

Once again we will have an extremely entertaining videoPredators: Round 2 from TBR Outdoors, as well as Byron South's new Coming to the Call video.

For the past couple of months we have been handing out a very nice Leupold Hat and a Leupold Lens Pen for the story coming in second in votes. I really want to thank the guys at Leupold for contributing to the effort, this stuff is great!

Thanks to everyone for being so generous and making this possible. As things grow I would love to see at least the top three get prizes, we aren't quite there yet but will be one day! I'm proud to be associated with the program and it is really an issue of pride watching it grow; thanks again to all of our HOB's and sponsors, you guys are making a difference here!!!

In addition to these items we also have a sponsor offering a service for the winner this month. Switch will be donating one free predator skull cleaning and whitening for a coyote, bobcat or fox! I'm sure that a few of you guys could find a use for this and we really appreciate his offer!

3-2010b.JPG

IM000100.jpg

picture122-208x112.jpg

Predator Skulls Inc.

produc1.jpg

PredatorPrey.jpg

Predator Skulls Inc.
Dermestid Inc.
Screen Name: Switch
Name: Tim Hovey

TBR Outdoors
15813 Sugar Plum Road
Kearney, Missouri 64060
Travis Trieb - (816) 204-4628
Clay Boan - (913) 271-3508
Richie Rhea - (816) 392-9204
TBR Outdoors

NCK Predator Calls
Screenname: canislatrans54
Name: Will Horting
Email: coyote_crazy_in_ks@yahoo.com
Phone: (Tracfone) Cell# 785-787-0081 No voicemail!
Address: 1212 N. Santa Fe Ave. Salina, Ks. 67401

EZ Access Gear
cs@ezaccessgear.com

Byron South
Coming to the Call

Finally, the stories are as follows... Check them out and cast your vote, it will end Sunday evening (4/4/10) so get it done...

1. Venatic - Combo Hunt

2. Snakefarm250 – A good year for cats

3. mikegranger – Bubba and Dash’s last hunt of the 2009-2010 season

4. elks – Awesome Hog Hunt w / dad, Bonus Fox!!!

5. cawilson82 – got to take dad and another tn dog down

6. Yellerdog – When it all goes right and when it all goes wrong…

7. hm1996 – A good week in the S. TX. Brush country

8. kasper2254 – another bobcat

9. TonyTebbe – A few pics from today’s hunt

10. rainshadow1 – Called another Cougar, no shot… yesterday’s Lion Hunt…

11. bushpilotmexico – Yotes # 17 & 18 of the season

12. sendit223 – adapt….improvise…

Originally Posted By: Ursus21I think that was the toughest month yet to pick just one story.

You know it really was... I usually like to keep it to 10 stories but I ended up with 12 this month and there are still a few out there that could have been included. You guys are doing great, keep up the good work!

Congratulations Mike....Again! Well deserved. That was a great story.

Man, you are stacking up the merchandise with your writings.
smile.gif

Tony

Great story & pics, Mike! Always look forward to reading more about Bubba............keep 'em coming.
thumbup.gif

Regards,
hm

Thanks for everyone who voted and donated. Like Tony said, I'm being blessed with a lot of great prizes. As always, I deeply appreciate everyone who contributes prizes, those who keep the HOM program going and most importantly, all the great stories to choose from. The whole purpose of HOM is to acknowledge hunters who take the extra time and effort to write a good story. It doesn't always have to be long, well written or full of photos, but it does have to strike a cord with our readers.

Thanks again to everyone who voted.

Here's what I've been doing this spring!

IMG_0264.jpg

IMG_0242-1.jpg

Back