Brass Head Stamp Meaning

reb8600

Staff member
Here is a link to a web site that will tell what the head stamp on the brass is and where it came from. I have had a lot of people ask when I have sold some of my brass. I hope this will help everyone.
Click here
Head Stamps

I have some marked WRA which I see is winchester repeating arms but it also has a 68 and another round symbol so small I cant read it. Any thoughts

Originally Posted By: GLA.ORI have some marked WRA which I see is winchester repeating arms but it also has a 68 and another round symbol so small I cant read it. Any thoughts

Military issue. 68 is the year made.

I just got a bag of brass from a guy at the range. It is marked IVI and WCC. As I was swaging pockets last night I was wondering the headstamps meant. That is a cool link.

Hey fellas

I have a half case, well was a half case, of Federal 223, head stamped "lc . o . oplus" oplus is the circle with the + sign inside. So, if "lc" is lake city but the case and small boxes say federal what gives? Is lake city part of Federal?

Thanks

Federal currently has the government contract to run the Lake City Army Ammunition Plant. One of the provisions of the contract is that they can utilize overrun or reject components and ammo for commercial sales. That's what you've got.

I have a .38 SPL case that is marked "MARKELL" and couldn't
find it in this list, so it is a very good list but not all
headstamps are listed.

Good Shooting

Lindy

I use that site also, it's a good one to add to your favorites list. I had a guy that just got into reloading ask me about what the markings meant and I directed him there.

Back