Lets here from all of the week end warriors

iamdrglass

Ok guys what do you do for a living? How often can you really get out? How often are you able to get your dogs out?

We are all not as fortunate as some of the guys like Duane that hunt every day while working. " Rancher/Farmer guys we have do live vicariously through you and thanks for the beef/veggies,and bread oh yeah beer as well"

Dont fill bad if its only once a month stories because we all get out " EVERY CHANCE WE GET"

Thanks
Dan

Let me answer my own post. I am a Glazier { I install windows} I work Monday through Friday typical construction hours. I try to get out at least 2 time s month. I have been taking my JRT when I go out. I have not been doing much coyote hunting since my boys have gotten old enough to tag along {6,4,3,and6 months although the 2 little ones dont go often}.

Dan

I work for the Railroad. I can usually make my own schedule. I work 10 on 3 off. During my 10 on I make time to go at least once. Then on off days I will go 2 or all three of the days off. Like this weekend called two days and then went for a drive with the family. And on the drive it is in coyote country. Only killed coyotes one day.

I work constuction also, but usually get out 3-4 days a month which is pertty good for me. I am getting my mountain cur pup next weekend so this next spring I hope to be out with her alot training .

I've had lots of "real jobs"
grin.gif

I used to Gunsmith, and do welding full time, but even then I was self employed.
I have always tried to make time to hunt.
Even now I get "hosed".Lots of days I want to hunt, I can't because I have cattle to work, or hay to cut, or breakdowns, the list goes on and on.
I am blessed with a great job, but don't get the wrong idea, "it ain't all peaches and cream".
smile.gif

I say just hunt when and as much as you can.
It is supposed to be fun.

I think it is hard for everyone with work family and such. I am just lucky my boys love it as much as I do and my wife is pretty understanding. I couldnt imagine trying to find time to hunt with all the irons you have in the fire Duane.

Peaches and cream huh Duanne, not enough people have had to cut hay at 4:00 am when the moisture is just right to make your bales stick. I for one am glad I have my job. I always tease my buddy who is a Govt. trapper telling him about how great his job is, but I laugh and tell him they should double his pay for having to crawl underhouses to go after skunks and coons and stuff like that. I told him that I was getting a cur dog and he might be a little jealous, but heck he's got two silencers and I'm jealous of him. Can't beat a good dog though.

Lots of states silencers are legal.Just have to fill out a form,mail it in with a check, they send you a card. Silencer legal. Depends on the state. Here in Oregon its easy.

I worked at an environmental company for 5 yrs from 8 to 5, five days a week. Spent every Sat. hunting. This year I switched jobs to get back into road construction so I would get laid off all winter. Now when the snow flies I will be chasing cats everyday of the week except Sunday and only because we can't hunt cats on Sunday.

P.S. We can hunt coyotes on Sunday. So I guess I am booked up.

i also work construction, but get out quite alot. i run my coonhound 3-4 nites a week and when deer season is over i`ll run my hounds on yote every sat-sun till the season closes march 31. i also run bear every sat-sun from july 1 thru mid oct.

I work a civil service job and work nights. I try to get out two to three days a week. Just a few hours a day mostly, but dogs that dont hunt wont hunt.

Back