quick advice pain killer ??

iamdrglass

I took the old lab out today. He is pretty stoved up now. What and how much do you give your dogs.
MOTRIN, ALEAVE, ASPRIN ECT.
Thanks
Dan

My Terriers are chewed on all the time. One baby asprin really works well for them. Takes the pain away and helps with the swelling.

Vargy

Originally Posted By: iamdrglassI took the old lab out today. He is pretty stoved up now. What and how much do you give your dogs.
MOTRIN, ALEAVE, ASPRIN ECT.
Thanks
Dan

Is it hip/joint pain, or cuts and scrapes?
I am taking stoved up as joint pain, common with larger older dogs.
Rick H...

Originally Posted By: huntergathererim not sure but i heard 1 aleave can kill a dog shuts down liver and kidneys

1 Aleve almost killed my aunts husband, did the exact same thing to him. They saved him at the hospital somehow, I think they had to pump his stomach.

This is from another forum

"A few years back my 5 year old lab was more or less a three legged dog due to a very bad fornt shoulder. I tried Glucosamine but it did nothing. My dog was favoring that leg so bad that the muscle started to atrophy. Finally after going to about 5 different vets on put me on to Nikkin CM formula. With in five days my dog started using her leg again and has enjoyed another 5 years of bird hunting. We started out with something like 8 pills a day in order to get it thoroughly in her system. After a few weeks were down to one pill a day. I can't stress how good this product is, truly a miracle drug. Actually its a food supplement and consits of synthetic glucosamine and salmon oil which is an anti-inflammatory. You can't get it in stores so you will need to find a dealer. I get my pills for around $60 a bottle.

Back