Opinions on the Bushmaster Predator

roadkill46

any first hand experience with this gun. I have the opportunity to buy a NIB 20" for $800 and want to know if it is a good AR, i have 3 AR's but never a bushy. will be my Xmas present to myself this year. thanx in advance.

Last edited:
Definitely not worth the price, now where is it so I can let the guy know it's way too much?
grin.gif
The Varminter AR's are great rifles the accuracy is very good.

hmm, the tag said varminter but it must be a predator. same rifle, shorter bbl. gun blast reviews it favorably. i think i'll go monday and put some cash down to hold it. bonus comes in 12/11 so that is cool, then 12/18 going down toward Tucson for a get together with the guys from another forum. i'll put the S&B on the bushy and the nikon on the DPMS and leave the aimpoint on the M4gery.

I have a Bushy Predator 20" and I like it. The riser bases on the flat top can be a bonus if you like standard scope rings. I have Burris Signature high rings on mine and they have the right height and the scope is mounted flush with the charging handle.

The rifle is accurate and light. Its' two-stage trigger is crisp and lighter than my brother's Rock River but lately it has a tendency to single stage if I have my finger higher on the trigger. Finish and fit is about average. Bushmaster has decent customer service too if something isn't right.

That's a good price for the value you get with this rifle.

Quote:The rifle is accurate and light. Its' two-stage trigger is crisp and lighter than my brother's Rock River but lately it has a tendency to single stage if I have my finger higher on the trigger. Finish and fit is about average. Bushmaster has decent customer service too if something isn't right.

As mearle said, the Bushy is quite accurate; shoots just about anything I have put through mine moa or better. Really likes 55 gr. NBT's:

IMG_1539.jpg

Did have a problem with my trigger after shooting it a bit, it started going single stage as mearle said. Didn't matter where trigger finger placed. One of the tiny adjusting screws had worked loose and I was never able to get it re=adjusted satisfactorily, even following the instructions that came with the rifle. Rather than send it back to Bushmaster, I opted to put a single stage 3# Timney in it and have never looked back!

The Bushy 2 stage match trigger was great until it slipped, but the Timney is a bit better IMHO. If I were to get another, I would get some of the Locktite that you can apply after screw is adjusted to be sure it is locked.

Great price on a very nice rifle. You will not be disappointed.

Regards,
hm

ok that's it then i'll layaway it on monday. thanx for all of your honest opinions. one can never have enough AR's. now i'll have 3 dedicated rifles for 3 different purposes, plus one that is still being put together. will be great if someone needs to borrow one for a hunt. thanx again!

Originally Posted By: roadkill46ok that's it then i'll layaway it on monday. thanx for all of your honest opinions. one can never have enough AR's. now i'll have 3 dedicated rifles for 3 different purposes, plus one that is still being put together. will be great if someone needs to borrow one for a hunt. thanx again!

No you must have missed my post, he is way overcharging. Just give me the location and I'll take care of it
whistle.gif
You're gonna love that AR they are great shooters.

Buy it and don't look back, when breaking mine in , shots 18-19-20 were one ragged hole. If you can get it for that price, you better do it. blue

The Varminter is 24" with a 1/9 twist. The Predator is 20" with a 1/8 twist. Have them both. I got the Predator to shoot heavier bullets. All shoot well. The feel of the two stage trigger between the two is a little different, but if you are only shooting one gun, that would not be an issue.

i like that 2 stage, my DPMS is single stage and so is the Oly. the let off is light to say the least. i'll pay it off 12/11 and let her fly.

had the choice today of the Predator or a RRA predator pursuit. I chose the bushy. i really like that trigger. thought it was a sight better than the RRA. i also thought, perceived prolly, that the bushy was lighter. i think that both are on par with each other.

I have one, my first AR, I bought it to shoot the heavier/longer bullets in .223. I have a 1:9 Savage and wanted more options in the .223. And honestly I was drawn to the dark side. I did not care for the trigger and replaced it.
Jim

Back