Jagd/Cur cross

The males

286wnwy.jpg

r1cs91.jpg

14dijo5.jpg

I am and am very excited about this cross. I have 2 Jagd females that are great little coyote dogs but they are that...Little and the coyotes can really put a whoopin on them.
I have a Jadg/hound cross that is turning in to what I think will be an awesome coyote dog.
The Female to these pups is a nice decoy dog but like most the curs I have had just lack a little something, maybe that something I find in the Jagds.
I know everyone loves their curs for coyotes but I am not happy with the ones I have had (Kemmers, leopards,Cataholas,OMC)and I want something better,This may not be it but I will never know unless I try.
But I can tell you these pups are going to some guys that will really be able to put them to the test.

Devin, I have run alot of curs,and of course my catahoullas, and some crosses. I understand what you are saying,"they lack something", I don't know that they "lack", but they are different.I think you are on the right track with the Jagd blood. That may fill the gap for your needs.
I'll be interested to see how they turn out.

Duane, Like I said until you hunt a terrier, you will never understand. There is a prey drive in a terrier that unmatched in any other breed of dog.
And who knows this may not be the ticket, but the curs are not the ticket for me either.And the Jagds are to small for the coyotes.
Someday when you are over visiting your buddy Wade we need to hook up over there and go for a coyote hunt. Just don't bring him.lol

mines going to get used on coyotes, but his main deal is going to beavers if he doesnt get to big, my curs are just to big to go in the holes and dont have enough sand to stay hook to one under ground, i hope the pup from devin will work out, plus the money back, no ?s asked guarentee from devin helps too, lol. ryan

Mine will be used on coyotes and bobcat recovery. If she turns out gritty enough, I'll be using her in my breeding program.

Tony

Lets see a currant pic if you have time Devin...my baby girl is all smiles about another puppy...

Sorry I am going to be in AZ when you come down to Ryans.

Thanks again for bringing them this way.
Kelly

Originally Posted By: trapper2mines going to get used on coyotes, but his main deal is going to beavers if he doesnt get to big, my curs are just to big to go in the holes and dont have enough sand to stay hook to one under ground, i hope the pup from devin will work out, plus the money back, no ?s asked guarentee from devin helps too, lol. ryan

it takes alot of dog to hold a beaver. most will leave the sette with a dog in tow. they are very strong with no neck, we have ran into a few and haven't had much luck holding them. good luck with your pup, they look good.

Devin,

Are there any males left? I have one of my hunters that wants me to train a decoy dog for him, after seeing Gunner at work. He wants a male.

Thanks...Tony

Great lookin litter Devin. Really interested in how the cross turns out for you all. Can't wait for a year or two to hear how it hunts.

Back