what 330's

62bmw

I need to buy some 330's , what is junk and what is not ? I haven't bought any coni bears sence Victor was the only choice . Thanks

I use Bridger. I like their traps. They are real good quality and not real expensive. Also easy for me to get since Montgomery is only about 3 miles from me.

i don't know of any that i'd say are junk.. the biggest difference that i know of, is how much they close. belisle's are gonna cost the most, but they close tight all the way..thats where you hear about beavers getting held by a tail.. dukes are the least expensive and work fine, but don't close all the way. most of my bodygrip trapping has been 110's for muskrats, so i've always just bought dukes.

i think there was a picture on here last winter where someone caught a muskrat by the tail in a 330. thats the kind you want.

but really there is nowhere to go wrong if the animal is caught properly around the head/neck with any brand out there they ain't gonna make it. i'd just go with dukes unless you can find any cheaper.

Zach

I use dukes for 330s, or what ever I can buy second hand with good springs. I would say the Belisles are the best and most expensive but mother of God you do not want one of them to fire on your hand!! Use a safty.

belisles are by far the best, maybe to much, bridgers are a good second and quite a bit cheaper, I also use dukes which are cheap, work fine, but they are only 10 by 9 not the full 10in square.

In my eyes Belisles are the best conibears out there they do cost more yes but they'll make you money in the long run espically when you have things like beavers gettin caught by the tails. If you dont want to spend the extra money on the Belisles then I would suggest going with Bridgers like said above.

Luke

Like they said duke will work fine. Sleepy creek and BMI are good. If they get weak you can buy replacement spring for them . The more money you want to spend LDL and belisle should be at the top.

Back