Try it again

Well, just got back from cutting out 60 more trappers and 30 of those "things." It will be tight to try to finish those by Oct along with all the other stuff. I think there were 24 out of 1/8 inch and 6 out of 3/32. Still playing with the front bolt hole and whether to cover that sticker with wood or leave it plain. Any suggestions? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

I like calling that thing the "Ed" or Everyday knife.

Maybe instead of 2 layers of wood, is it possible to do it with 1 on each side?

future trappers with pattern
IMG_0512.jpg

fired but not cleaned up
IMG_0511.jpg

Ed's blanks
IMG_0506.jpg

pattern blanks and finished product with sheath
IMG_0509.jpg

Kelly's knife
IMG_0504.jpg

thx for looking

Dave, I believe those bottom knives are the type you were working on designing when I visited. I want one. When they're ready, let me know and the money will be on the way.

Mike

Dave

Just got your email. I'm glad you told me about the arrowhead Sheath. The Knife and Sheath in the photo looks awsome. I'm like a kid at Chirstmas. I will be checking the mail everyday until it comes. LOL

Glenn and Mike. You can Thank Kelly J. for the design. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif
May call it the "willow" because the blade is shaped like a willow leaf. Jury is still out but it is hard and it is comfortable. Blade is under 1 1/2 inches and fair on the balance. Pattern handle may be to "fat" and throw the balance off. Still some adjusting before I approve it. Also want to see how that short blade holds up. For your needs Glenn, it might be a dandy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif However the trappers are awesome and this is heavier but shorter.
Mike... I will let you know when I get them shaped, fired, tempered, cleaned, and cryoed. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Still a long way to go plus get the 60 trappers done. I'm tired just thinking about it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

I think I may have lost my curved trapper or at least misplaced it for the time being. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
just used the Elk to skin a bobcat to mount in the near future.

The trapper has more blade length than that new one and ED may not work for you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif
Are you still getting good milage out of the knives? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Hope you find the curved trapper cause I know it was your favorite. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Did you ever get the wheels on a grinder for straightening the edge?
Sending you some weather so hunker down.
dave

Verminator2. That stack has beeen fired and still has fire scale on all but the one butcher knife. In the stack are elk knives, a few butcher, and I see the tips of some proskinners on the bottom. Getting the fire sclae off has always been a problem and we are trying some new stuff now. It is better but not great and we do not want to lose any of the hardness. We buff as much scale as we can with a sisal buff and that is what you see. Then we go back to the sanding belts running a P400, then P600, Then P1400(600American) and buff if possible. If not, run 9 micron and buff. They will appear "chrome plated". They are then wrapped individually and sent to be cryoed.
Thanks for asking..........dave

guess

There is a problem with with your Personal Mail Box. I received a message that your last sent message was in Jan. 2008? It Must be the site upgrade, glich?

Just received my knives from Dave yesterday afternoon. Fantastic knives. Took them to work today. The guys could not believe that I could cut the ink off a sales receipt and not go through the paper. When you can cut a piece of paper in half laying flat, now thats sharp. I can honestly say this is the sharpest knife I have ever held.

Thanks Dave
You do Nice work.

Glad you got them and like them. That is the only set with that color combination.
wink.gif

Had 4 more sets go out since I sent yours. Corky milled the first batch of those new knives and I rough shaped yesterday. Talk about eating belts!!!!!!!!!
shocked.gif
Man that is a lot of removal. Will try to get the first 8 ready to fire today.

Back