AR triggers?

VaPredHunter

What trigger do you like for your AR? and why? I'm not very happy with my stock DPMS trigger looking for an upgrade. Not sure what I want single stage, 2 stage?

I too had a DPMS trigger in my first AR. Swapped it out for a great Jard. Liked it so well had one put in my 700. Crisp and clean.

I have felt them all at one time or another...and the winner is the JP trigger. Best I have felt, put one in my coyote AR. Buy once, cry once.

Quote:
Not sure what I want single stage, 2 stage?

Some folks absolutely can't stand a two stage. I never really noticed it in my RR National Match two stage. To me, there is just some slack to take up which is not the slightest problem. After the slack is taken up, it breaks at 4 pounds which is a set, minimum number for some matches. I also have a Geissele ( guy sell ) set at a pound and a half which is soooooooooooo sweet,.......... and expensive.

I've got a Jewell and I'm able to adjust it for what I like. If I want it heavier/lighter, it's 5 minutes work.
But it's 2-stage, and some people don't like that.

My friend has the same S&W AR that I have and he got the Timney ($234). That is one nice AR trigger. I think I am going to try the Bill Springfield kit.

Last edited:
Back