Overstock.com goes anti-fur...........

Pro_hunt

Overstock.com has crawled in bed with a well know anti-hunting group....HSUS.
If you would like to send them a little note letting them know your feelings on the matter of associating themselves with a anti-hunting group here is the email addy........ boardofdirectors@overstock.com
Please post this up on all forums you are a part of so we all as hunters can tell overstock they are wrong.

SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Overstock.com Inc, which sells excess inventory of clothing, accessories and furniture, will no longer sell fur on its website, the online retailer said on Thursday.

The decision to go fur-free came after the company was contacted by the Humane Society of the United States, which now counts some 100 retailers and designers -- including Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger and BCBG -- who have pledged to shun the use of animal fur in their goods.

"The more we heard about the fur industry, the more we thought we didn't want anything to do with it," said Overstock.com Chief Executive Patrick Byrne during a conference call.

We'll see what their reply is if at all.

EDIT:
e-mail got returned. Quote:
Recipient:
Reason: 5.1.1 : Recipient address
rejected: User unknown in relay recipient table

Last edited:
Quote:
Dear Mr. Adams:

Thank you for your email expressing your opinion. We frequently hear
from our customers (and others) about products we sell (or don't sell),
places we advertise, how we advertise, projects/candidates our
executives endorse, and other positions that we take. We have learned
that we cannot please all of the people all of the time -- no matter
what we do. Our chairman and ceo has written a blog on the topic (see
http://www.deepcapture.com/political-pressure-on-overstock/). I hope
that you read it and understand our position.

We hope that you reconsider your decision, but, if not, we wish you
well.

Regards,

Jonathan Johnson
SVP, Corporate Affairs

But they still sell leather? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
If you shave the fur off, it's OK.
If you leave the fur on, it's verboten. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif
Typical left-wing anti logic.

Quote:
But they still sell leather? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
If you shave the fur off, it's OK.
If you leave the fur on, it's verboten. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif
Typical left-wing anti logic.

Tom,

Don't you know that leather is a generic item that most bunnie huggers think in manufactured? It's not a byproduct of animal death.

Niether is a Big Mac....

Big Macs come from McDonalds, not COWS, for crying out loud. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

Quote:
Big Macs come from McDonalds, not COWS, for crying out loud.

I don't think anybody has ever accused whatever is in a Big Mac of really being from an actual animal. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yeah Mcducks has real beef it comes from Iowa Beef Processors Inc. owned by Tyson Foods I just do not know what parts of beef they use. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Quote:
Yeah Mcducks has real beef it comes from Iowa Beef Processors Inc. owned by Tyson Foods I just do not know what parts of beef they use. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

100% round steak,around the butt,around the lips. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Arrogant leftists! I'm so sick of urban half-wits who look down their noses at outdoorsmen.

Here's mine. I borrowed NASA's point about the leather, lol! Not that they care, I'll get the same robo-email.

"I will no longer purchase from your organization, based on your collaboration with the vile, anti-hunting Humane Society of the US.

You have hunters like myself as customers since you sell hunting gear. Given that and your newfound anti-hunting 'awakening' why not discontinue all hunting gear and simply post a "Hunters Not Welcome" banner on your website.

Oh, you reject fur, but I notice you sell leather. Why, what's the difference? You understand leather is fur with the hair removed, right?

Your decision makers are clearly urban leftist elitists who display a contempt for your customers.

I hope this decision deeply cuts into your bottom line. In this economy your should be working to retain customers, not to repel them.

I was just going to buy a rangefinder from you, too. I'm glad a friend shared this info with me. BTW, the word of your move is spreading like wildfire throughout the hunting community via the internet.

You will not keep this decision quiet. I hope your stockholders hold you all accountable for this incredible error on your part."

Quote:
Quote:
Dear Mr. Adams:

Thank you for your email expressing your opinion. We frequently hear
from our customers (and others) about products we sell (or don't sell),
places we advertise, how we advertise, projects/candidates our
executives endorse, and other positions that we take. We have learned
that we cannot please all of the people all of the time -- no matter
what we do. Our chairman and ceo has written a blog on the topic (see
http://www.deepcapture.com/political-pressure-on-overstock/). I hope
that you read it and understand our position.

We hope that you reconsider your decision, but, if not, we wish you
well.

Regards,

Jonathan Johnson
SVP, Corporate Affairs

Yeah, I got the same BS robo-response. Here's my retort:

"Thanks for the form letter.

The blog had NOTHING to do with the topic and in no way addressed your anti-hunting position. Did you even read the blog sir? I did. He wrote about carrying merchandise and receiving complaints.

I wrote about your involvement with a horrible anti-hunting group and a political position your company has taken. This is not analogous to the blog post. It is very clear, however, that you are an arrogant, elitist company. Customers are obviously not a concern. Why don't you just focus on online retailing and stay out of collaborations with political anti-hunting extremists."

Back