Zeiss Optics
Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Topic Options
#3258533 - 11/25/20 06:28 PM Double with my buddy
bhw Online
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Fairport, NY

Here’s the story for last night’s hunt...

As posted, my buddy is having surgery on his arm next week and we wanted to get in some predator hunting action. We visited his favorite spot and he advised me to scan hard left as we entered the field. I didn’t notice anything, but he saw a predator dart into the brush.

I quickly put out the Foxpro X2S and returned to our set up location. As soon as I did, my buddy said “there’s a coyote right to your left.” Sure enough, there was and a simple push of my mouse speaker brought not one, but two coyotes our way. I played Field Mouse Distress on the X2S to steer the coyotes. For some reason, I couldn’t find the coyotes in my ATN 4K (which surprisingly hadn’t frozen up on the set as it did on the previous set up). My buddy didn’t waste any time and anchored the larger of the coyotes.

The coyote was spinning on the ground and I wondered if a follow up shot was necessary. I said “ you better shoot again, he’s getting up.”
My buddy told me to finish it off, but I couldn’t take a shot in the rolling terrain. I manuevered across the field and watch as the coyote walked across the field. All of a sudden, it turned and approached the call that was playing Frantic Pup Distress.

I thought to myself “that’s not the wounded coyote!” It turned broadside and I took the shot. The telltale hollow “whump” indicated a paunch shot and the coyote took cover in the brush. While in there, it started howling like I’ve never heard a coyote howl before. My buddy named it a “death howl” and I was hoping that he was right.

We looked for blood, but to no avail. We decided to look the next day and the search took less than two minutes as my buddy walked directly to the expired yote. It hadn’t gone 15 yards!

#3258561 - 11/25/20 09:37 PM Re: Double with my buddy [Re: bhw]
Hellgate Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: Orygun
Man, those are nice, BIG coyotes. Makes me wonder if they are part wolf or just get bigger back east rather than the medium to small ones out here in Orygun.

With over 15 percussion revolvers I've been called the Imelda Marcos of Cap & Ball

If you do not subscribe to a newspaper you are uninformed. If you do subscribe to a newspaper you are misinformed. Mark Twain

#3258623 - 11/26/20 08:34 PM Re: Double with my buddy [Re: bhw]
limbhanger10 Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: N-W PA.
Nice going guys!!!! Some beefers there !

and yes...we have some big coyotes out east here in PA and NY...40 pounders are pretty common...I know of many 45-50 pounders shot in January and February. Not sure how that compares out to the west.

#3258666 - 11/27/20 06:59 PM Re: Double with my buddy [Re: bhw]
Burnsome... Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: GA
Very nice guys!

#3258670 - 11/27/20 08:07 PM Re: Double with my buddy [Re: Burnsome...]
SVB Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Mich. Mqt co Beaver Grove
Real Nice Dog Coyotes Andrew WTG----Great Pic of Yotes and Hunters---Thanks for sharing also

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.