Tactical Night Vision

Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Topic Options
#3229414 - 01/21/20 02:37 PM Anybody ever use their wife's InstantPot to clean small skulls?
DiRTY DOG Online
Die Hard Member III

Loc: West
Wondering how it worked out.

#3229415 - 01/21/20 02:40 PM Re: Anybody ever use their wife's InstaPot to clean small skulls? [Re: DiRTY DOG]
Littlebuf Offline

Loc: Idaho
that would be awful!! just get a bucket of water an aquarium heater and wait. you'll be way happier with the results

#3229429 - 01/21/20 04:54 PM Re: Anybody ever use their wife's InstaPot to clean small skulls? [Re: DiRTY DOG]
jcs271 Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Montana Territory
Large Plastic Bucket for water = $2
Aquarium Heater = $5

Look on your wifes face when she sees what you did in her Instapot = Priceless

(plus about 10K for a good divorce attorney!)

"The problem with quoting info from the internet is that you can never be sure it is accurate" Abraham Lincoln

#3229431 - 01/21/20 05:04 PM Re: Anybody ever use their wife's InstantPot to clean small skulls? [Re: DiRTY DOG]
hm1996 Offline
PM Junkie

Loc: S. Texas
Originally Posted By: DiRTY DOG
Wondering how it worked out.

If I had,I wouldn't be alive to answer your question.

I used a 5 gallon bucket of hydrogen peroxide and set bucket on a single burner electric hotplate on low to shorten process on the Gemsbok (right) after a lengthy soak in peroxide on the scimitar horned oryx (left).

Left the scimitar a bit too long; whitened skull, but skull became brittle. Probably stopped a bit short on the Gemsbok as I was a bit gunshy, leaving skull slightly yellow. Lowest setting on the hot plate was just short of a simmer.

Regards,
hm

If My people will humble themselves, pray, seek My face & turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven & will forgive their sin & heal their land.

#3229462 - 01/21/20 10:00 PM Re: Anybody ever use their wife's InstantPot to clean small skulls? [Re: DiRTY DOG]
JB-WI Online
Predator Master

Loc: WI
Ha! Last week I was eyeing up one of our spare slow cookers for skull cleaning.

#3229469 - 01/21/20 10:43 PM Re: Anybody ever use their wife's InstantPot to clean small skulls? [Re: DiRTY DOG]
SubpaR Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Hays, KS
I disagree with a lot of your responses on here, but this just absolved you of your "offensive" posts. Yes it's a joke!

I don't have an Instant Pot yet, but am all ears as to how this works out.

No, I probably will not try it out.

#3229494 - 01/22/20 07:16 AM Re: Anybody ever use their wife's InstantPot to clean small skulls? [Re: DiRTY DOG]
DAA Offline
PM senior

Loc: Salt Lake City
I haven't cleaned any skulls in years and never with a pressure vessel. But I have boiled my share and for me it's just more PITA that it's worth. Easier to just bury them shallow and dig them up a few months later - just as clean and the teeth don't fall out and need to be sifted from the flesh at the bottom of the pot.

Eventually had beetle hookups and stopped cleaning them myself, though I did still have to do all the whitening but that's super easy. But after switching to beetles, I'd never go back to any other method. Note - I never had to pay for the beetle cleaning, though. Just found guys with beetle boxes happy for the free beetle food.

For awhile, four or five years, I had a guy that would buy all my cleaned and whitened skulls for a pretty good price. So I kept all of them I killed.

If you do a lot of skulls you'll learn which teeth go where just by looking at them.

Still have probably close to 100 cleaned and whitened coyote skulls sitting here. After the guy quit buying them I was going to do 200 and use them as crown molding in my reloading room but just sort of lost interest in the project some years back.

Weekend hunt ready for the beetles.

- DAA

#3229555 - 01/22/20 04:37 PM Re: Anybody ever use their wife's InstantPot to clean small skulls? [Re: DAA]
steve garrett Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: tx
Originally Posted By: DAA

Weekend hunt ready for the beetles.

- DAA

oh I yearn for the days of that being a weekend hunt again, I am still in mourning of the rabbits and coyotes.

#3229752 - 01/23/20 05:20 PM Re: Anybody ever use their wife's InstantPot to clean small skulls? [Re: DiRTY DOG]
lockrotor Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: West Central WI
That would differently be a one of a kind reloading room, with that crown molding.

#3229766 - 01/23/20 07:19 PM Re: Anybody ever use their wife's InstantPot to clean small skulls? [Re: lockrotor]
tripod3 Online
PM senior

Loc: WA
I got a coyote a couple years back, by the time I wheeled there I spotted one of those beetles cruising toward the carcass.
Had never seen one in the field, It had a fix on a tasty meal.

Moderator:  220_Swift, Infidel 762, Redfrog 

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.