Tactical Night Vision

Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#3229957 - 01/24/20 08:34 PM Re: What would you do #3? [Re: derbyacresbob]
BrianID Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: El Paso, TX/Idaho
Originally Posted By: derbyacresbob
When I make a coyote calling stand, my walking path into the stand is almost always back behind me. I don't set up looking towards my walking path or where my vehicle is parked.

The areas I call coyotes in very seldom is there a significant wind. Even a slight breeze is enough to carry your scent and you e-caller's scent off in the direction the breeze is blowing.

I was set up to watch to the area left of the picture. This coyote came in the "back door." I actually feel lucky I spotted him. I just got lucky and spotted some movement when he was about 400 yards out when I was scanning over my right shoulder.

#3229960 - 01/24/20 08:42 PM Re: What would you do #3? [Re: BrianID]
BrianID Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: El Paso, TX/Idaho
This coyote ended up getting away without me ever taking a shot. Once it dropped into the brushy bottom I never saw it again. I don't know if it was my dog or scent trail by he saw or smelled something he didn't like. In hindsight I should have taken the shot when he was 300-350 yards out but "hindsight is 20/20." In a similar situation in the future I would also wait for the coyote to come closer. The coyotes body language looked like it was going to come in and I didn't think it would get close enough to my scent trail to get spooked.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  220_Swift, Infidel 762, Redfrog 

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.