Biggest bobcat?

NdIndy

Just out of curiosity, what's the biggest bobcat you've seen? I have a skull in the works now that pretty much dwarfs my others. He weighed in around 60 pounds of pure lard, his neck had a fat layer 2" thick and I grunted and cussed when I first picked him up. He was so fat he walked like an english bulldog and actually deformed his front legs into a bow, his chest pushed his legs out.

This was a 'pet' and was about 16 years old if I recall correctly. Not a fair comparison to anything wild, but just curious.

Swing by Frontier Taxidermy and ask to see the monster. The full body is I think done, looks like a large dog. He said he bought the biggest form he could find, and then had to build on top of it to fit the hide. I do some euro work for him and the told me the carcass had just been put out and I could pull it if I wanted it. I'll post a pic of the skull. I should be delivering the last of his goats this week, I'll see if I can snap a pic of the mount when I do.

This is side by side with the one from my avatar. The avatar has been re-done with it's mouth fixed open, the new one is sitting without the lower jaw.

DSCF3159.jpg

I've only seen cats at a distance so I don't have a good comparison otherwise.

Last edited:
The biggest one I've seen was a 37 pound tom cat that I found under some trees one pheasant season.The second biggest one was one I shot.He weighed probably 25 pounds maybe a little more.I don't really like guessin but I dont have a scale.I'm really good at guessing though.The one I found dead under the trees was heavier than most coyotes I've ever picked up.He was a big ol' dude thats for sure.

Originally Posted By: NdIndyJust out of curiosity, what's the biggest bobcat you've seen?

NdIndy,

Here's a photo of the largest bobcat I've ever seen/taken. This cat was long, lean, and very muscular. He was just a shade better than 32lbs. For reference, I'm 5'8" and the back feet are held even with the top of my head.

BobcatMarkHealy-Unit23-112009-1.jpg

Most of the Arizona bobcats run in the 18 to 25 pound category. It's always a great day when you call and shoot one that goes over the 25lb mark. I'm still lookin' for a 35er.

Good calling,

Mark Healy

40 pounds and not a lick of fat on it from hard tomming, I got one that was bigger years back but never weighed it but it wa 4inches longer on the stretcher. Have a friend that got several bigger than my 40 pounder but he never weighed them.

here is east tx got one that weighed 32 lbs and thought it was some record at that time ( it wasn't). Now I hunt south tx and they average around 20

I've killed a lot of bobcats at least I like to think so 83/84 something like that. My biggest one weighed 27 pounds. This past Dec, we called one in at night that at first I thought it was a lion. This cat came in real close but never stopped and stayed inside the joshua trees. A wise old cat for certain. One night a while back up by Montgomery pass on the Nevada side, we called in a huge cat across the flats. He came in close but we could only watch him walk off. Bobcat are off limits to non residents in Nevada. Grizz

My hunting buddy and I have killed over 200 bobcats in 34 yrs of hunting together. The largest that we have ever killed was just a couple of weeks ago and weighed 37lbs.
IMG_0789.jpg

IMG_0793.jpg

The largest bobcat I ever killed was weighed in at a club hunt at 32 lbs. The largest one I've ever seen was also weighed in at a club hunt at 36 lbs. The big cat was beautifully marked with very log fur and was the most beautiful cat I've ever seen.

This one weighed in at 28 lbs. I'm 6'3".

Scan0003_003_003.jpg

Last edited:
This one went 35 lbs caught him in a foot trap 2 years ago. and the second one is by far the most spotted that I have ever shot. We have took 3 over 30 lbs in the last 3 years and they are not to easy to come by that size I can tell you that much for sure. Just Thought I would share Thanks Skinner

P.S just for refence Im 6'4 285 lbs

meandbigcatinblue.jpg

100_5303.jpg

I've only killed three. Two females 22pounds, & 19 pounds. Last year I shot a big male, 37 pounds on my scale, and the taxidermist that bought it put it on his scale, and it said 36pounds 9oz. I'll post a pic eventually,when I learn this computer a little more.

Back