Favorite hand call

Rich Cronk

Every caller with a few years of calling under his belt has a favorite brand and type of mouth blown call. Which call is YOUR favorite?

Why Rich, YOURS of course. It actually is one of my very favorite along with Rhino, and Burnham Brothers. Lately I have been making some myself out of acrylic that have been my main calls, this season anyway.

------------------
Brian K. Bentley

Hunting is not just our right, It's our HERITAGE

I'm really getting to like my cell phone, best hand caller I ever had....
biggrin.gif

LOL! good one pred master.

My favorite call is a tally ho.

But there is an up and coming new one that I bought about a month ago because of a broken reed on my 'ho' it is a quaker boy, it doesn't have a model number on it but to describe it, it looks like a sceery ap6. It is probably the cheapest call I have ever bought..... 4.95 at wall mart. But it has called in three coyotes and one red fox already. I think I will keep it in my bag of tricks.
biggrin.gif

Another favorite of mine is a turkey diaphram, I know, we don't have any turkeys up here but but my calling partner can get some pretty funky sounds out of that thing, and it brings the predators a runnin.

RK

------------------
Idle hands may be the devils work, but idle minds are so much worse

For this past season, my most used hand call has been an open reed call made by the "other" Cronk. Fred, you don't by any chance sell those down south do you?

because of the freezing up situation in MT I like about any open reed, critter call, tally ho, if they work ther'll good

Howdy Rich

Well as far as howlers go I got one the other day from this ornery ole fart in Iowa. I wish I could remember his name. In any case its the best sounding howler I ever had.

------------------
Pain is just weakness leaving your body

I would have to say that my favorite call has got to be the AP-6 with the AP-3 at a close second!!!
How do I get my hands on one of those Cronk calls?

------------------
Hunt'em Hard
CoyoteKrazy

Hello, my name is Curt, and I am a recovering handcall addict is how my weekly meeting starts. Ha I am going to take the easy way out. I truly like almost every call I own. It is far easier for me to name the one call I truly do not care for. That would be the Lohman Mega Howler.
smile.gif

Later, Curt

Hello, well my favorite call of all time is the Standard CritR Call. I'm always open to new things at least once. I hope to learn and share tips from all types of calls!
Thanks, Steve

I just lost mine
frown.gif

Have no idea who made it.. it was made from really cheap wood(almost balsa like) and had three metal reeds you could turn it to each different call (cottontail,jack,coax)...

So now I have taken a liking to a PC-84 Haydel's... and a Haydel's Injured Woodpecker..

------------------
--Steve

OK, I'm new here and catching up, but I'll jump in. Sceery's AP-6 and Arizona Predator Calls little Fox Call have both been extremely good to me. I have most of the production calls on the market, but keep coming back to these two.

Hey Rich,

I see the got the right guy for the wind powered stuff! LOL But on the serious note my favorite callers this year has been the calls you've made me, especially the little ones made out of the antler tips.

------------------
Dary

i don't know if any of my hand calls are a favorite becouse the one that works today(my favorite)may not work tommorow(my not so favorite)i like them all when they work.i have an old penn woods(i mean old!!)thats a variable pitch call that seems to work more often then any other call i have.i have alot of them-quaker boy,e.j.sceery,johnny stewart,olt,lohmann,penn woods,burnham bros.

Back