[beeep]! the coyotes around here suck!

Ok i went out calling today for the first time all year in some BEAUTIFUL country, so much in fact I might have to put pics up. But anyway stand one was foiled by people desiding to have a pic nic behide me. 2nd stand I called in some little crows. So on the way to next stand i look out in the middle of this HUGE meadow and of coarse theres a coyote, but then it looked WAY to brown to be a coyote. So i threw up the glasses and it indeed was a coyote, and was an amazing brown color almost like a rootbeer type brown on black with a whiteish belly. It was seriously the most beautiful yote ive ever seen. It was only about 120yds out and was mousing, but with me being me I had my bow with me and a .22 pistol i just always carry with me. (Which I almost thought about whipping out and unloading it on the yote.) but I came to my senses and desided not to wound such a pretty animal. So i got outta the samuari and tried to make a stalk with my bow but the second i opened the door it jetted. So my 3rd and final stand I was driving and about 20yds off the road I see about 4 buzzards fly up all at once and go up and circle. So I got out and investagated and it was a dead cow! BINGO! I thought, but i thought it was kinda odd that the cow looked to be dead at least a day or 2 and the only mark on it was the football sized hole in its gut from the buzzards. reguardless i set up and got on the lil dog with younge yote barks and howls, for almost an hour and finally gave up....

I'm starting to think god does not want me to get a yote with my bow lol.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Quote:
If you had cows and meadows, im guessing you weren't down south.

LOL!! Ain't that the truth..

Lovin' the new avatar of the first ever "Pink Pansy Princess"

Im headed out tommorow morning with bow in hand, I will be hunting northern california the same area I hunt most of the time. I have a place I think I can score on one but it will be tough.

Quote:
If you had cows and meadows, im guessing you weren't down south.

somethin tells me Im probably gonna end up lookin like an idiot after sayin this but... I dont know the exact definintion of a meadow, but down where I hunt there are plenty of (usually) green fields and most of the time their are cows around (if not in) what I would consider a meadow. Maybe I just dont know the definition of meadow or Texas is not south. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Was that brown coyote that you saw a pup? I was on my why back from Midland Tx today and around Benson Az I saw a brown pup walk, not trot not run but walk right across the highway not scared a bit. Almost hit by some cars, and it just sat there about 5 feet of of the road. And let me add, I want to hunt just west of Midland coyotes everywhere About 50 dead along the side of the road. running across the road playing in fields. It was like a nightmare, I couldn't do a *^$@ thing about them. and they still had so fur on them. Sorry for getting off track.

Back