Verminator Predator Calls ( Tweety)

Lonny

After watching Randy Andersons new video I just had to order one of those Verminator predator calls they use in the video. (I have a weakness for new calls)

I ordered the Tweety call directly from Rick Paillet who makes them and called those bobcats in the video. Rick was a real nice guy to talk to and he mailed me the call before he even had a check from me. He also threw in several extra reeds at no cost.

The call looks to be well made considering it is only 10 bucks. It is a lot like a CritR-Call. The Tweety seems to work with less air flow then say the mini CritR though. All in all it looks like it will be a good addition to the old call drawer.

------------------

Lonny, what a coincidence. I was just telling Jerry about Tweety and Thumper. Just got them in the mail yesterday afternoon. Man do they sound great. Your description was perfect. Like a CritR-Call but takes very little air. Anybody could blow either of these calls. I got mine from Randy Anderson. Was your call kind of, how should I put this, "rough". I had to tear both mine apart and clean out plastic curly burrs that were obstructing the air channel slightly. The bridges and mouthpieces were very rough. Nothing a little smoothing with a file didn't cure. I must say both calls sounded great right out of the box. My filing was purely cosmetic.

Myself and a friend that had only got one coyote in his life, went calling last night. I was doing the calling and running the light only. These calls work! We had 4 coyotes come to one stand. He managed to smoke one of them. I had him hold the spotlight while I walked out to get the dog. When I got 1/2 way, another coyote goes running over the hill. I thought the one he shot was just wounded and had recovered, then ran over the hill. I was surprised when my flashlight illuminated the dead coyote laying on the ground. Got many, many, distant responses to my howling with Thumper. Called a big boar coon that was inside a farmhouse. Sierra 55 gr HP met him halfway. Called two more coons at another stand, They were were little smaller than the first so we let them go.

Anyhow, I really like those calls too.
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Curt (edited 08-24-2001).]

Curt,

Yeah, my Tweety call has some plastic burrs in the open end and the air channel. So far I haven't even taken it apart since it sounded fine but, I think I will do like you did and file them down a touch. I wish I would have ordered the Thumper after hearing your experience with it.

Sounds like you had one heckuva good night calling. Good job!

------------------

Back