WoodWise Hyper Hot

Muss

Hey guys
I had heard great things about the Woodwise call for elk, so I bought one. It is an open reed call, and I have lots of experience with those, so I thought, "no problem." However, I have practiced and practiced, and the thing sounds more like a bathtub squeaky toy than a cow in heat. Any tips from the pros??
Thanks,
Muss

Muss,
If that thing is an open reed call, you know what cow elk sounds like, you have experience with open reed calls and the WoodsWise won't do it for ya then the call must be defective.

Hey Rich-
yeah...now I am really wondering. I have spent close to an hour with that darn call, and now it is "skipping." on me. I adjusted the band, turned the reed upside-down, and finally got the pitch right. But now it will hit the highest note (like when a cow mews), and then "skip" as I go from high to low. What are the odds, huh? Oh well....I guess I'll give them one more try.

Thanks, and good hunting
Muss

with out a doubt the sceery cow call is the best, I have the hyper hot also, but the sceery is the one to use and have, pricy but it works

Back