HOW YOU CAN BECOME A GUN FELON!

Somehow I missed that. Sure hope that guys got a good lawyer and appeals. Guess that decision must have vindicated Jim Zumbo. Glad I don't live there. The ATF has sure made some boners with things like that and their debacle here in Northern Idaho and Waco.

It will be interesting how the 2nd amendment case now going on will define our gun rights into the next century.

If you consider the popularity, in the last few years, of the AR15 style rifles and the overzealous attitudes of some of our federal bureaucrats (especially within the BATF) with their liberal bent against the Second Amendment, it's not hard to imagine the verdict....

It's been long known that an aggressive prosecutor can lead a Grand Jury to any conclusion that they want, depending on the facts of the law....

The case is being appealed, according to the defense attorney.

I listened to the defense attorney's comments following the verdict and if it were me, I's sure get another lead defense lawyer... Where is the NRA in this case??? I know they have access to "Firearms Experts" that could offer sufficient testimony...

ATF & Fed. Prosecutors are idiots. That much is plain. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angry-smiley-055.gif

I remember when Cowboy Action Shooting was taking off in popularity & ATF would not let Uberti import replica Winchester lever guns made since the 1800's because they were capable of holding 10 rounds or more.

Somewhere some amount of common sense should make an appearance...(You'd think) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

If this case was prosecuted under Repulican Administration, then what will go on if a Democrat gets elected? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

Barry

Quote:

If this case was prosecuted under Repulican Administration, then what will go on if a Democrat gets elected? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

He would probably be sentanced to death. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

t/c223encore.

Lot of factors we don't know about, what a crock of crap at first glance.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

I do not want to believe that this guy would lose his case on appeal....

Hundreds of cases a year on more complexed issues than this get overturned by higher courts.

Let's hope this is one of those cases.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

This is the kind of thing that gets us all wound up for the wrong reasons. To read this & several other things this guy has posted on the net would lead you to believe that the case is written in green ink. AS stated above, there are many things we do not know. Rumor has it that this Oly had a three position selector with one position not marked. Rumor also has it that this weapon had several mods & cycled several 20 round clips of commercial 223 rounds in auto. Another rumor is that he puts guns together in his basement using somebody's liscense #. It could be true that he told the police he owned hundreds of guns but doesn't have any registered to him. It is possible that he claims the Oly is his "loaner" for customers & told the guy not to fire it with the selector in the third position because it was missing something. It could even be true that he has a "less than polished" record in the armed forces, decided to represent himself(with the help of a disbared lawyer) & the weapoon was highly moded & fired several clips in auto when tested. The list might go on and on. In the end, it might be that we all read this & get pissed for the right reasons but the facts are wrong. It could be a guy giving you, me and every other lawfull honorable hunter/sportsman a bad name. Not to mention it doesn't help all of us who want "black rifles" to keep going main stream & improve.

do you all think for a second that the ATF would hesitate to go after the manufacturer if this rifle wasnt modified in some way to make it do what it did? This olofson guy is a small fry and Im sure they would love to go after Oly arms.

Back