Redumlicans are good for one thing..........

DaddyRabbit

Objection!! Ever wonder why the numbers are so low?

bush and congress approval ratings
In the current (110th) Congress, the Republican minority has blocked everything but the Senate chaplain's morning prayer and is on pace by a wide margin to filibuster more legislation than any Senate in U.S. history.

"The Republican Congressional gridlock has been glaringly reflected in public dissatisfaction. A recent Gallup poll reveals that only 18% of Americans have a positive view of congress.

But a double digit majority says it prefers Democrats - not Republicans - running Capitol Hill.

In the face of falling fortunes in electoral politics, Senate Republicans have undertaken a campaign of scorched-earth obstruction that threatens to undermine a century of American moral leadership. Like little children who will take their ball home if they don't get their way, these ridiculous cowards have amassed historic record of obstruction. Two weeks ago it became a parody of itself when they attacked mothers by quashing a resolution in favor of Mother's Day."

"For quite a while, many of us have wondered whether Republican officials in Washington have any apparent talents at all. Governing is clearly not their strong suit, but are they completely without skills?

Absolutely not. The 49-member Senate Republican minority has done something no Senate minority in American history has ever done: they’ve filibustered more bills than any Congress ever has — and they broke the record with a full year to spare.

“In just one session, a minority in Congress has prevented a mind-blowing 62 pieces of legislation from going to the floor for an up or down vote,” said Roger Hickey. “Over and over again, the uncompromising minority has thwarted the will of majorities in Congress and of the American people, holding the Senate floor hostage to a radical right-wing agenda.”

Eric Lotke calls the obstruction a “deliberate strategy.” He observes that the congressional Republicans block legislation, then blame the Democrats for getting nothing done. “It’s like mugging the postman and then complaining that the mail isn’t delivered on time.”
[image]
SenateDelayTactics.jpg
[/image]

Wow. You would think that by now ol' rabbit would have said at least one thing intelligent. Of all the post he has dumped on site you would think that at least one time that one thing he would have to say would indicate in some tiny way that he had some smarts. Well, guess not. But then, anyone that loves Hillary and Obama sure cant be too awful smart now can they?

Quote:
Republican minority has blocked everything .... filibuster more legislation than any Senate in U.S. history.

Good.

Quote:
...Congressional gridlock...

I like it.

When they get nothing done... we win.
Too many laws. Too much spending.

Quote:
..holding the Senate floor hostage to a radical right-wing agenda...

Who cares.
Cry babies.
Dems would do the same.

PC

Quote:
holding the Senate floor hostage to a radical right-wing agenda.”

That is downright laughable /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif. There is not one Senator who could be even close to that. Just more diatribe from the left Wabbit. Don't get too close to the edge with Rimmy, you might fall off your flat earth /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Quote:
Don't get too close to the edge with Rimmy, you might fall off your flat earth /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

There your go calling me a lefty yet I’m willing to bet the we voted for the same candidate in the primary. So, does that put you on the left also? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Quote:
Quote:
Don't get too close to the edge with Rimmy, you might fall off your flat earth /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

There your go calling me a lefty yet I’m willing to bet the we voted for the same candidate in the primary. So, does that put you on the left also? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Don't think so. We have not had a primary yet. It is next Tuesday. The candidate I am voting for is.....me, lol.

Off the beaten path we have this lone redumlican that works w/us and he has to plug into the mother ship ala limbaugh daily for guidance and direction. I happen to walk by and heard a caller ask "how can I sell McCain rush, what are his selling points"? I waited and I waited for a response and finally he pipes up and says, he loves war and his wife sells budweiser. I was astounded. Needless to say we ripped the guy up and now he says he's not going to the polls this year. Mission accomplished! Is this the best you dumlicans have?

DR, what are these all important bills that have been blocked? Maybe, just maybe the record is for stupid [beeep] legislation being thought up and forcing the block. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

So DaddyCastro, my question to you is "How can someone who purports to be a gun owner be that far left?" Your 2A freedoms must not mean much after all. In spite of Republican bumbling (and overspending) they have "obstructed" most all federal attempts to disarm the American people in the last few decades. If the Obasm gets elected with a filibuster proof Congress trouble will be coming FAST. Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I told you Mr Big Oil, I will probably be voting more conservative than most of the posters here come Nov including you. However, with that being said I am not going to vote for an extension of bush's right arm. You already know whom I'm voting for which in my mind is the ONLY logical choice. Thanks to bush and company the projection that you just forecast is more than likely the landscape we'll see after November. Is this the liberals fault? Not hardly. It'll be a result of complete power that was mishandled inappropriately by the dumlicans. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Quote:
So DaddyCastro, my question to you is "How can someone who purports to be a gun owner be that far left?" Your 2A freedoms must not mean much after all. In spite of Republican bumbling (and overspending) they have "obstructed" most all federal attempts to disarm the American people in the last few decades. If the Obasm gets elected with a filibuster proof Congress trouble will be coming FAST. Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

No, I don't know who you are voting for come November. Based on your posts, my best guess would be Ralph Nader. The DNC is attempting to paint McCain as Bush III just as you are. The talking points of the Democrat Underground mirror yours to a "T". The Republicans have flat blown it, I'll give you that. They blew it because they were elected with a mandate to act like Republicans, which once they assumed power, they stopped doing so. Now, they are merely Democrat lite, trying to make friends across the aisle and within the MSM. Staying in power was more important to them than doing what they were elected to do, which WOULD have kept them in power. Drifting left and spending like drunken sailors has put them in their bind. This has been completely lost on the Republicans in the Senate, but House Republicans aren't totally deaf yet. Hopefully the drubbing they will both take in November will be the wake up call they need to clean out the RINOS and show some spine, nads, and leadership. Point is, if think Republicans are bad, wait until you see what the alternative is capable of. Most guys here are smart enough to recognize that. You have shown no evidence you are one of them.

Quote:
No, I don't know who you are voting for come November. Based on your posts, my best guess would be Ralph Nader. The DNC is attempting to paint McCain as Bush III just as you are. The talking points of the Democrat Underground mirror yours to a "T". The Republicans have flat blown it, I'll give you that. They blew it because they were elected with a mandate to act like Republicans, which once they assumed power, they stopped doing so. Now, they are merely Democrat lite, trying to make friends across the aisle and within the MSM. Staying in power was more important to them than doing what they were elected to do, which WOULD have kept them in power. Drifting left and spending like drunken sailors has put them in their bind. This has been completely lost on the Republicans in the Senate, but House Republicans aren't totally deaf yet. Hopefully the drubbing they will both take in November will be the wake up call they need to clean out the RINOS and show some spine, nads, and leadership. Point is, if think Republicans are bad, wait until you see what the alternative is capable of. Most guys here are smart enough to recognize that. You have shown no evidence you are one of them.

Well said Dawg! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

DR, who around here is "Mr. Big Oil"?

Quote:
Off the beaten path we have this lone redumlican that works w/us and he has to plug into the mother ship ala limbaugh daily for guidance and direction. I happen to walk by and heard a caller ask "how can I sell McCain rush, what are his selling points"? I waited and I waited for a response and finally he pipes up and says, he loves war and his wife sells budweiser.

Actually, thats not what Rush said, but I'm sure you already knew that. He said "McCain loves the U.S. and he is for the war on terror.......and he has a pretty wife.....who sells budweiser, thats good." But, I guess we should expect no less of the libtards, masters of mis-quoting.

Hey wishin4dogs, do what I just did- put daddydumbunny on the ignore list. I finally got too tired of all his looney tune post and hit the Magic Button. It his problem that he dealing with a such a underdeveloped brain which causes such obscure thinking.

Thank God it him and not me.

As stated earlier, when your IQ reaches 50 you should really consider selling.

Quote:
Hey wishin4dogs, do what I just did- put daddydumbunny on the ignore list. I finally got too tired of all his looney tune post and hit the Magic Button. It his problem that he dealing with a such a underdeveloped brain which causes such obscure thinking.

Thank God it him and not me.

I would certainly hope the R's block as many D initiatives as possible. I have no desire to see this country turned into France. I have yet to see anything good, intelligent, or non-destructive come from the Dumbocrats.

DR, when your emotional age gets above the age of 5 (if it ever does) maybe you will begin to see the light. As it is you are good at name-calling, pot-stirring, and hissy-fitting, and that's about it. Try offering something constructive for a change, if you can.

DR, you jump to the attack on everyone, but you can't answer a simple question? I thought maybe, you being a gun-owner, sportsman type (this is an assumption based on your time spent on a hunting site), that you would have enough sense to offer up an intelligent defense for your accusations of corruption (I'm not all that bright, but I believe that you are accusing "redumlicans" of trying to corrupt things with all this filibustering, am I right?).

Answer the question if you please. Give me some examples of important legislation that has been blocked.

Quote:
No, I don't know who you are voting for come November. Based on your posts, my best guess would be Ralph Nader.

Have I not told you time and time again, Ron Paul? Now, you may belly up to the bar too, who gets your well thought out vote, Hmmmm? I know, I know, the lesser of two evils, blah, blah, blah.
Quote:
The DNC is attempting to paint McCain as Bush III just as you are.

I hate to break the news to you but this is common knowledge among even the least informed. Quote:
The Republicans have flat blown it, I'll give you that. They blew it because they were elected with a mandate to act like Republicans, which once they assumed power, they stopped doing so.

So let me guess, their minuscule attempts for reelection is the Dems fault too? Did it ever occur to you that this presidency and all that follow isn't too popular among the masses nowadays? Why is it they sent out a candidate unto the world that is leaning to the left from the middle of the road? Let me guess, its Clintons fault?

Quote:
Now, they are merely Democrat lite, trying to make friends across the aisle and within the MSM. Staying in power was more important to them than doing what they were elected to do, which WOULD have kept them in power. Drifting left and spending like drunken sailors has put them in their bind.

You've identified the fault but you still haven't provided me and the viewers w/the cause of the quandary of this spend thrift administration.

Quote:
This has been completely lost on the Republicans in the Senate, but House Republicans aren't totally deaf yet. Hopefully the drubbing they will both take in November will be the wake up call they need to clean out the RINOS and show some spine, nads, and leadership

Uhh, I hate to break the news to you but the house will fare no better. You know it and I know it.
Quote:
Most guys here are smart enough to recognize that. You have shown no evidence you are one of them.

I am quite pleased to disappoint you. More than likely you and your cheerleaders voted for bush, I wasn't one of them. You still proud? Don't hate the player, hate the game! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Back