another yote mount

nofiveo

well.. here it is! finished sewing it up tonite.. still gotta give it a bath and grooming, then figure out some habitat. this is my third attempt at a coyote, second lifesize. i think i got the "cartoony" look out of this one lol. you all hunt them and know what they look like.. how'd i do? thanks! Chad

100_2755.jpg

100_2756.jpg

100_2757.jpg

100_2758.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know anthing on the how to netpeck a mount but it looks good to me. It has that oh shoot you fooled me, now I see you and I'm getting the heck out of dodge look. Yes I've seen it to many times.lol

Chad, Very very nice job /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif
To me, this one absolutely looks real!!
You did a great job, please post the final pic when its all dressed up with habitat.
Well done,
M

Nice job! The eyes really look good. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Buddy, That's about as good as they get. I see a lot of mounts with one foot lifted. Very seldom does the foot and shoulder look natural. You NAILED IT!

Woops; didn't mean to double post and was too stupid to figure out how to delete this one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Buddy, That's about as good as they get. I see a lot of mounts with one foot lifted. Very seldom does the foot and shoulder look natural. You NAILED IT!

+1 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

SWEET mount!!!!!

I am sorry for being blunt... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

but it sucks !! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

The nose is to black, the eyes are low and squinting,
the foot lifting makes him seem a little light in the loafers.... San Fran. Coyote ??

I think you need to ship him here, so you won't have to fess up to mounting that pitiful thing...

I'll PM my address and let you pay the shipping,

I hope getting it out of your sight will make you feel better....

LOL... good job man... looks great.

Quote:
I am sorry for being blunt... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

but it sucks !! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

The nose is to black, the eyes are low and squinting,
the foot lifting makes him seem a little light in the loafers.... San Fran. Coyote ??

Wow, you had me going /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Looks great /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Quote:
I don't know anthing on the how to netpeck a mount but it looks good to me. It has that oh shoot you fooled me, now I see you and I'm getting the heck out of dodge look. Yes I've seen it to many times.lol

+1

Looks good...Here's a couple tips.. Work on "turning" the ears all the way to the edge,if you blow through them they will sew up well with a fine nylon or monofilament thread.(be careful with monofilament if you pull to hard you'll rip your stitches out)If your using hide paste or bondo in the ears use cardboard strips and paper clips to "card" the ears and flatten the edges while they dry.Personally I make sure the ears are turned all the way to the edge and I use a two part epoxy (Magic Smooth) for glue in the ears.Its a little messier to get used to, But the epoxy hardens overnight and you don't have to worry about them much after...Hope these tips help!!

Sorry to double post but I just learned how to post pictures, also I wanted to clarify...

This is my first predator mount (so far!). It was done with ear liners, regular hide paste in the ears, and carding.

DSCN1308-1.jpg

I've since been using Magic-Smooth (epoxy)and earliners in my deer mounts with much better results.(NO CARDING!)

temp102.jpg

Hope the photos are the right size... Keep up the good work!!!!

Back