Best place to buy new traps

220ackley

I am looking to start trapping next season so I would love to start learning now the how and whys. I have two local guy that are goin to help me, but both have had thier traps for a few years and don't know where I should get some from. I want leg hold from #1 1/2 to #3. and about two dozen or so.

You can also do a search for traps for sale on the net and it will give you a bunch of sources. When they closed trapping in Washington state lots of folks just put their traps away. You might do an add in some of their moneysaver or little nickel type papers, I'd bet there are lots of traps over there with really great prices.

I know that a friend that trapped for years whom lived down on the Snake river below Asotin, WA sold his 35 years collection of traps for a couple hundred bucks with all of his trapping equipment included.

Thanks guys. IDBob I will check that stuff out. I have some famile up there i eill sick them on that task. Thanks Jeff for the link.

-trapperman.com .......the list of topics on the page click on "trapshed" and there you will find all kinds of traps.......also click on the "links" icon and about half way down the page you will find a list of trap suppliers.

-coyotesRus.com.....same kind of deal.

-fishgut.proboard25.com....same kind of deal

-www.usedtraps.com

These are a few places that I frequent.

chris from nv.

Jeff Erwin is right, Cumberlands (aka NW Trapper's supply), will have everything you will ever need for trapping. I do however suggest that you deal with them in person. I brought all my fur there for years when I lived a few minutes away from them. They can be very good or very rude about how they deal with ya. Russ, Rusty, and Jade are all nice guys, but they will try to get a few extra bucks if they can. May be different on just buying traps, but if you plan on trading furs for traps like I used to, you will get robbed. I was in high school and they didn't think I knew crap. However, my uncle worked with the North American Fur Auction, so I knew enough.....

They do have everything, just shop around for the best price.

Quote:
They can be very good or very rude about how they deal with ya. Russ, Rusty, and Jade are all nice guys, but they will try to get a few extra bucks if they can.

All the more reason to deal with FNT. Tell them you are with Predator Masters. You should get excellent customer service.

Give Ralph an e-mail directly and he should be able to answer any questions you may have. ralph@fntpost.com

Tell him you heard about fnt here, and ask him to check in.

Again thanks all. I ordered from FNT. I did so because they are a site sponsor. thatnk you all again. I have added all the site provided to my favorits list.

did you know there is a state trappers association in your state? possiably they have a state meet where there would be dealers selling traps and you could meet a lot of great people plus save shipping costs. if your interested in some more information on your state association let me know, i can post some addresses and phone numbers.

The best place I would suggest is Minnesota Trapline Products. Everything I have ordered came quick and right. Even got a freebe bottle of lure. They threw it in extra on purpose. Good people.

I guess i may be bias as they are in my state, but of the prices I have compared they are the cheapest.

for the best prices, go to any of your local conventions. most dealers have what they call convention prices and you can usually get new traps from any where from $10 to $20 dollars cheaper and you don't have to pay shipping, if you pick them up at the conventions.

The NTA Western National Convention is in Nephi Utah at the end of June. You can get all the supplies you need there, as well as see some great demos

F&T is the only place fore me good prices good PR /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Back