anyone willing to share .223 75 gr A-max loads

okoyote

I am going to work up some loads for a 24" 9 twist savage. Just curious about some pet loads and velocity. Thanks in advance.

25grs of varget in my 110 savage, shoots well as long as the barrel stays cool. Hodgden manual list 25 as max load about 2900fps. pat

actually a lot of powders work well with that load..

I shoot a Savage 12 BVSS with that twist...

loads that have been tack drivers, have all been with charges of 25 grains of any of the following powders..

Varget, W 748,H 322, BLC2, H 4895, IMR 4895, IMR 4064, and RL 15..

unconventional.. but small pistol mag primers also tightened up my groups with each of the above loads.. go figure...

My loads are all on the 223AI, but my shooting pard single loads the 75Amax in his AR and does well with it out to 1K.

IIRC, he's running 24.5 gr of VARGET and is getting 2850 through his 24" upper. I like R-15 with the 75's myself.

Quote:
I just order some for my Rock River ar. I am all eyes. loads please! Lee

Amaxes are meant to be loaded 2.390, so better check before loading them in the AR, Single feed only probably in the AR.

My Savage has a 2.400 magazine, and feed and shoots the Amaxes very well. 24.7 grains Varget.

This is an under rated calling bullet when fired from a 223 Remington. Spanks coyotes pretty good.

75 grain Amax on right.

Picture158.jpg

I tried running these out of a Stevens 200 .223 which has a 22" 1/9 twist. I tried Varget and Benchmark with varying loads and I could not for the life of me get them to group. It was producing more of a shotgun pattern. Some however have been able to get them to shoot out of their Savage. It's hit and miss.

25 and 25.5gr Varget shoot the 75gr Amax well out of several of my barrels. Bolt guns, not ARs. For ARs, the same load behing 75gr Hornady BTHP works well and will work feed out of the AR mags.

Back