Remington R-15 ??

Frogman

I'm thinking of getting another AR for coyote hunting. Looked at a Olympic Arms K-16 the other day for just $699.00?? Another guy can order the Remington R-15 for $1092.00 plus $25.00 for shipping. I really like the looks of the R-15 and it is already camoed. What else makes the Remington so much more expensive?? I appreciate your input. Trying to decide!

Jim

You can try a search on the R-15 since it's been discuss a few times now. But the cost is pretty reasonable for what you get. You're getting a light weight, camo dipped gun with a fluted barrel plus a few extra add-ons. Camo dipping runs between $150-250 from what I've seen FYI.

The K-16 is a good gun from what I've heard. One thing to consider when buying and AR is to plan on buying a few magazines ($15-$25 each), then a good mount (I bought a one-piece mount from model one for about $70), a sling, a larger gun case, and a scope. I didn't really factor in all of those things when I built my AR. I ended up getting a kit from Model 1 and putting it together. Here's what mine cost:

Kit w/few upgrades: $629
Stripped lower from Essential Arms: $90
Scope mount from Model One: $65
Nikon Prostaff BDC: $126
Hard gun case (sale): $18
Sling: $15

Total: $943 ($224 was just for accessories!) OUCH!

I didn't expect the extra expenses but I am glad I went the route that I did. I do plan on getting a new buffer spring and a trigger job which will add a little more but I'm happy for now since I'm broke... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Here are the results.

AR-15-1.jpg

this is one of the first groups I shot with it. Haven't even broken it in or done any load development.

5-shotgroup.jpg

I think that whatever route you go you will be happy. AR's are pretty fun and most are pretty accurate from what I've seen.

Hey Frogman since nobody else is chiming in here, I don't own one but there was a thread on here in Jan that all the info on the R-15. If you do a search it will come up. There are quite a few little things different from the Remy to the K16 that add up $ quick. The Remy is actually a Bushmaster Predator with camo wrapping and a single stage trigger. Agian I don't own one but I do have the Bushmaster Predator, RRA Predator Pursuit, and Armalite AR15t4m and seriously looking at the Remy too.

Hey guys,
Thanks for the quick responses. cjg beef that is one fine looking AR you have there. Great group too. I already have an old pre-ban Colt M4 that I have been using. It is not a flat-top and I have to put camo tape on it. I have about $1000.00 that is burning a hole in my pocket and I really like ARs for coyotes. I'm seriously considering the R-15. Any other input is appreciated. Thanks!

frog, the r-15 is a bushy basicly, email dtech and see what a k-16 camo costs from him, bet its cheaper than the remmy
dtech1@paulbunyan.net
mike has built thousands of AR's and he does a lil tweaking to enhanse performance, you end up with a custom gun at almost kit gun prices.
RR

I have a new R-15 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I haven't shot it yet but I think I'm gonna like it a lot! Most of the others I picked up weighed too much to me for a calling coyote rifle.My trigger feels good too, being only a single stage.Maybe I got lucky but it feels about 3.5 and it does have a little creep.But I haven't shot it yet.I got some tactical rings on order and am in the process of making ammo fot it.I felt good about the purchase too cause of the money Uncle Sam is giving me with that Stimulas check to help buy it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Oh yea I think you should buy one too as they look cool too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif LOL

My R-15 is one of the first ones out. I bought it around the first of Feb if i remember correctly. The trigger SUCKS, it feels like it creeps about a 1/2" then breaks at about 6 lbs. I am seriously going to buy a Timney drop in trigger for it.
The accuracy is good and it will shoot sub 1" groups with Black Hills ammo.
Overall I like it, i've has some problems with it not going off when I pulled the trigger a couple of times on Coyotes that I called in but some of the issues were opperator error. Keep it oiled up good and you should not have any problems.
Good Luck

got mine couple weeks ago,shot about 80rds,some reloads and cheap factory ammo,nothing close to sub inch groups.i got a millit rings 30.00 .what black hills ammo are you guys getting the sub 1in groups,what range.where can better triggers be got.

Ordered an R-15 this evening. Shoud have it end of next week. Will post a review after I get it scoped and sighted in. Thanks for the input.

Jim

Back