mueller scopes

mark71

i was just wandering if anyone has used a mueller scope? and how do you like it. do they hold zero? are they clear on high power. im looking at a mueller eraticator . 8.5x25x50 just looking for some input .

I have three(3) Muellers and for the money OK. I'm an old guy and tend to "creep" my scopes so I found eye relief for me on one .243 to be marginal...most regular folks[that'd be NON-creepers] would not have a problem with eye relief.

While I would buy another Mueller I've moved to Nikon's Buckmaster line and am very pleased with them. I do own one(1) Leupold just for grins..fine scopes however I'm too cheap to replace all my lesser priced scopes which work fine for me.

I bought a Mueller but the vote isnt in on it yet. It seems to be very clear but so far I have 16 rounds fired with it so time will tell. For under 200 shipped, it was worth a try.

I bought one when they were still quite new in production. They assemble them about 90min from here so there is a bit of local loyalty involved.

Mine is the Eradicator 8.5-25x with 50mm AO, target turrets and illuminated reticle. Nice, very nice scope. This one is one of the older models with German glass. Bought it for 235.00 4yrs ago.

I've mounted it on a Weatherby Vanguard Sporter .257wby mag and it will shoot the lights out. The scope does hold zero and the glass is quite clear on high power. Also, there is good light transmission on the lower setting even though it's 8.5x. The cross hairs are very thin so they will perform well on targets at distance which makes it a fun shooting scope as well as hunting. I took a buck at 400yds with it last year, the one in my avatar.

I have a 8.5x25x44 mil dot. It's not to bad, a little short on eye relief. Glass is better than Bushnell Banner line for sure.

I bought it for a Stevens's 223 Chuck buster and it's held up fine for a year, maybe 15 hunt's. It was $150.00+S&H came with a shade. It's tracking has been good so far and POI has'nt changed in power settings. Has'nt fogged in rain.

I picked Mueller because they seem to have the best customer service in the cheaper line of optics from everything I've read. There's not much in high power glass for $150.00. Weaver 6x24 or Nikon Buckmaster seems to be the next step up at $290.00 or so.

I have the APV, 4.5X14 with AO, I have it on a 17HMR, it takes adjustment and holds point of impact. The only problem I have found with it is the AO is way off, I hung a newspaper at 100 yds, set the AO at 100 and everything was a blur, when I finished adjusting the objective lens and everything was clear it was at the 50 yard setting. I guess you get what you pay for?
I also have a NIKON BUCKMASTER 6X18, definitely a step up!

i have a couple muellers and they are good for the money. the only one i did not like was the APV. the eradicator and tacticals are good imo. i have started making the switch to nikons which i think are a little better scope.

I have had my Mueller scope for 2 years it is bright and clear holds my groups at 1/2" at 200 yds. on my 204 .I use the 8-25x50 Eraticator I would recommend them in a heart beat. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Quote:
I have the APV, 4.5X14 with AO, I have it on a 17HMR, it takes adjustment and holds point of impact. The only problem I have found with it is the AO is way off, I hung a newspaper at 100 yds, set the AO at 100 and everything was a blur, when I finished adjusting the objective lens and everything was clear it was at the 50 yard setting. I guess you get what you pay for?
I also have a NIKON BUCKMASTER 6X18, definitely a step up!

I have 4 Mueller scopes. I also have others in the more expensive brands. I find the Muellers a great value. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

As to the above mentioned AO error. Setting AO is not as easy as just setting it to the yardage marked on the ring. The marks could be close or as you have found quite far off. Once you have found where yours is just remember the marks you use. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif To properly set AO you must first go to zero then move it till you reach your focus on target. You cant just move it from 50 to 100 and have it be accurate. It is caused by a function called backlash. Try starting from Zero every time and see how it works. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif

I'm always been a Bushnell fan (3200's and 4200's) - and still am. I've got about a dozen. My FFL favors Burris so I bought one of them last year (an 8x32 Signature Select that's currently for sale). Recently I've bought several Nikon Monarchs, and they are okay. I also have five Mueller's.

So I've been racking up some bucks on the scopes (not to mention the rifles). About 3 weeks ago I needed another two scopes (I really gotta decide to stop buying rifles or forget retirement!), so I took a Bushnell, a Mueller, and the Burris and put them side-by-side at them same power and focused on a sprinkler flag 100 yards away out my sunroom door.

Honestly, for me I didn't see a lot of difference in clarity, field of view, or any other significant parameter. So I bought two more Muellers and saved several hundred dollars.

The nice thing about the Monarch's is the long eye relief - for my 308's and lesser calibers I'm not too worried about it. The other is the side focus, though Bushnell has those now too. I will say that the one negative to me about the Muellers is that the AO requires a lot more travel. But for bang for the buck it's hard to beat.

Back