Custom Lathe Tools

bryanstanley

Fellow callmakers and beginners. I will be making another batch of lathe tools in the coming week or so. If anyone is interested or has any questions please feel free to contact me. Below is a sample of a few I have made in the past for other call makers. These are the very same tools that I use day in and out to create the calls you have seen me post.

DoubleCoyotee

IMG_0222.jpg

MVC-008F-1.jpg

MVC-015F-1.jpg

MVC-016F-1.jpg

MVC-016F.jpg

Depending on what you want gents, they normally run 55.00 to 65.00 . I normally include several different styles of inserts with each ranging from round to trioval, triangle. And some off the wall types as well. Arkyyoter has several of my tools he uses for the majority of his turning as well as trashcan, cbosshog69, pilgrim,just to mention a few.

Bryan

I should be on your list Bryan. I've been anxious to put your tools to the test on some of my stone calls. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Tony

They are alredy due. Their squealing like a stuck pig from the last rock call project that I did. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Little suggestion, cover them with a little duct tape to help keep the dust out. Especialy near where you are turning. Also I like to have my compressor blowing on the work piece with a little lite cutting fluid help lubricate the cutting surface.

Bryans tools are top notch. I use mine on antler and I couldn't be happier with the cutting edges on his stuff. Bryan is a good guy to deal with and I'll recomend his tools any day.
Trashcan
DCC

I have one of Bryans tools also. These carbide tipped tools are the way to go. They hold an edge for what seems like forever and when they get dull, you just rotate to a fresh edge. Don't hesitate guys, it's money well spent. Dale

I 2nd 3rd 4th all that has been said. They will peel a Banksia pod in a flash. It is money well spent. It will keep you turning while you learn to sharpen your HSS tools.

Tom

Back