Fox pro

Mrgunslinger

I ordered a 16 sound Fox pro with a remote last week and found it on my door step today and all I can say is this thing is GREAT.
Sounds are truly remarkable,what a great unit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mrgunslinger,

You must be livin right because I had to wait almost three months for mine. It was worth the wait though. I agree the thing is a pretty slick unit. I was playing around with the remote and it works great all the way out to 100 yards even a touch farther. It is even smaller than I had envisioned.

------------------

Know how you feel Lonny. Mine is supposed to be here today. Been 3 months. It was sent 2nd day mail on Mon. Feels like X-Mas.

Mrgunslinger, if you don't mind me asking, did you get your caller from Foxpro or another source?

Take care, Curt

Now i have been promoting the Fox Pro for going on three years now , It has called in alot of coyotes for me . Just remember to pay attention to all the small Stuff. the Fox Pro is not the silver bullet that will under any conditions make callin in a predator a sure thing . You still have to do everything else right . You have a fine caller , Please let us know of your sucess. as im sure you will have many . Good luck to all of you . Hope the Fox pro gives you all as much pleasure as it has me . Dont forhet , a mouth call used along with the Fox Pro or any other electronic caller can be a deadly duo . The best of luck to you all . Jerry .

OK, I take that back. Today was 10 times better than my last 10 X-Mas's.... combined! UPS showed with the new Foxpro. YEE HAW! Sounds awesome! They always seem so much smaller in real life.

Later, Curt
smile.gif

Hey all right Curt, the foxpro came in. I know what you mean it really does seem smaller than what a guy thinks it will be. The thing I noticed when playing around with mine is it even sounds better when you get outdoors and are farther away from the unit. Everbody said that it was plenty loud enough and I wasn't totally convinced until I got mine and cranked up the volume. It's plenty loud enough. I really can't see using more than half volume or less in most cases.

You probably already know this but Timberking and MI VHNTR had some great ideas with using velcro on the remote and a stretchable band with velcro on it around your arm for hands free remote operation and also a utility hook/strap for hanging the FP from bushes and tree limbs to get it off the ground. What plans you got for your FP as far as accessories and how you set up for calling predators? Jerry seems to like using the FP and AP-6 in tandem it sounds like it works great for him. You got any tricks that you are gonna try? If it sounds like I am trying to milk info on how best ways to utilize the FP it is because I am.
smile.gif
Since this will be the first electronic caller I have used I am trying to shorten the learning curve as much as possible. I would like to hear any suggestions from you guys out there who use electronic callers.

Well have fun with your new toy and good luck to ya.

------------------

Lonny, here are a few tips on useing the fox pro . I always set it directly in front of me . always . In the past i learned the hard way , dont set it to the side or especially behind you . Dont set it where you cant see it . i have never set mine more than a few inches off the ground . thats just my oppinion . Useing the AP-6 and a few other hand calls have worked real well for me . The critter call mini used as a howeler works real well . as well as the critter call standard . mix them up and sound like a couple diffrent coyotes . Keep the volume way down when useing the mouth calls . they will hear the louder mouth calls , and that will start them on the way . then they will lock onto the caller . and come right to it . while you watch thru the scope he . he . the best thing is get out there and figure out the calls that work best in your area . Woodpecker is the most productive in my neck of the woods . pup in distress when you first start calling this year should be a killer call . I still have mixed emotions over steady or intermintent calling . Both seem to work for me . When i am useing the Fox pro i dont skip from one sound to the other if nothing is comin in . I never stop the sound if i see a coyote . I keep it running . some times ill turn the volume down , but not always . i watch the body language , and let that dictate what i do . You will learn the body language after you call in and kill several coyotes . they do little things with the ears , back possition , and head that will tell you alot . I.E. Im leaving now , my brother is right over there , I like what i hear but im not getting any closer etc. etc . Good luck , call as often as the wife will or will not let you and learn . its a great adventure . the guys her are a endless supply of knowledge . Pick those brains my friend . LOL. Best of luck Jerry . And Curt I dont have to tell you nothin LOL.

I like to put my speaker up in a bush or tree, as high as I can reach, with speaker pointed straight up. Then use woodpecker tape. I have, at times, had coyotes and fox to stop underneath, looking up, searching for the bird.

Makes for great shots!!!

------------------
Critr

LW42144.jpg

www.SaguaroSafaris.com

Lonny, you're right. Inside does not do it justice. Outside it sounds loud and clean. That is a great idea with the elastic band and the remote! About the only thing I did so far was take two narrow strips of Velcro to fasten the antenna to the carry handle. Anybody try sticking a patch of Velcro to the remote and call body so you can stick the remote on the side of the unit? Thinking about trying that.

Take care, Curt

Curt and MrG,
Welcome to the club fellas!!! A person just can't imagine how AWESOME the fp's are untill you have one right in your hands. What sounds did you guy's get? I miht send mine in for a couple new ones. I think they have a calf bawl,bet that would work great for bears! I already have the deer distress and the fawn bawl and those work super
smile.gif
I made a antenna holder out of some small diamater pvc tubing,i put a cap on one end some cotton balls in the bottom to dampen the bouncing noise and a threaded cap on the other end.

------------------
Timberking

Hi TK! Dang I have been wanting in the club for so long!
smile.gif
Do you or any of the other Foxpro boys keep an extra antenna handy? Was thinking about getting a spare just in case. Looks easy to make one possibly.
Later, Curt

Curt, I would think that Radio Shack, or any other electronic parts store, would have a plug that is the same as the one on the FoxPro antenna. The only thing that would be needed is a wire for the antenna proper. Once you can find the wire that you like, it's just a simple matter of soldering them together. The plugs usually come in packages of two, so you'll have two spares, not one.
smile.gif
MI VHNTR

Timberking and MI VHNTR,

Hey I want to thank you guys for the good tips on some Foxpro accessories like the arm band for the remote and the utility strap. I have been messing around with some nylon strapping and a hook to make some kind of a setup like you guys have. This ought to make the FP even more versatile and save time on setting up at calling stands. Thanks again.

------------------

I'm glad you guys like the "accessories" for the FoxPro. I'm sure that others out there have good ideas too. The thanks is more than enough, since TK has mentioned something about payments and kickbacks due him.
wink.gif

How's that for a payback, TK?
biggrin.gif
MI VHNTR

Heh heh
smile.gif

Went and got a piece of PVC pipe today. Tried to find the stuff to whip up a couple more antennas but this one horse town doesn't have it. Took the video camera and the Foxpro and got some great footage of some nice bucks in velvet. Just set up one stand. No coyotes but didn't really expect any. There was a guy raking hay in the next field. Mid-day. Big fun though. It was fun playing with the vultures, hawks and crows. They were really swarming my decoy.

Finally found a use for my Burnham Bros Compucaller. I put it in the closet and now use the call bag for my Foxpro. Works perfect. Think I only called one coyote with that Compucaller. $400 ain't bad for a call bag, is it?
smile.gif
I shouldn't bad mouth it. I'm sure a lot of guys have called a lot of coyotes with one.

Take care dudes, Curt

I should have taken the fp with me to camp last night,i got up this a.m. and was cleaning and dragging the parking lot and a whole pack of coyotes opened up maybe 200 yards at the most in back of the camp. Sounded like a bunch of pups.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Timberking

Back