scary saturday

LBLDOG

Sat. morning I go to the turkey woods and I have three different ones gobbling. I cant hunt two of them because it is a lease, so I concentrate on the one I can. Im calling and this bird is coming in good so I decide I better get around the tree because he is coming from behind me. I move around and get set up on the backside of the tree , I have a ditch beside me that drains down into a river(probably 5 feet from me. The ditch is about eight foot deep , Im calling and all of a sudden I see my gobbler running for its life across the field and Im like what has spooked my gobbler? Im sitting there and I hear DONT SHOOT, DONT SHOOT, and its one of my childhood friends at 15yards crawling up out of that ditch right in front of me!! My friend said the only way I made you out was your hat!! I didnt tell him but it kinda freaked me out!! My friend said sorry I spooked your bird!!!

I would be sooo pee'd off! Why was he stalking a bird you were calling to? That is downright stupid and exactly how people get shot. This dude needs some things explained to him before there is a tragedy and he is the cause of it!

I didnt really understand either because his lease was across the river were 2 were gobbling that morning , that was the reason I wasnt there because I didnt have permission and it was a lease also!I asked him and he said he was wondering were that hen was doing all that cutting( that hen was me ,I said) He was crossing a property he didnt have permission to be on! ( I just blowed it off)I wasnt mad, He was a boy I grew up with ! yes it was stupid and he was sneaking up that ditch why I dont know because my gobbler was coming from behind him before he spooked it!

Quote:
...he said he was wondering were that hen was doing all that cutting...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif
" Curiosity killed the cat " comes to mind.
PC

Man, that sucks! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Childhood friend or not, I would have let him know how mad I was. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

he was hunting , he just seen that he had spooked the gobbler and the gobbler took off for the open field through the woods and I guess his plan was to sneak through the woods by crossing the ditch and working his way to the open field, but little did he know i was set up on that bird already till he spooked it! I had permission to be there on that property I was on! The land that him and his family leased was behind me 300 yards across a river!

With that said... did HE have permission to be on that land? If not, I would have let the land owner know. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

It might just be me, but it sounds like he might be hunting someone else's land early in the season and saving his birds & land for later? I have serious issues with those that tend to wonder onto land that they have NO right to be there. Most of the time they know exactly where they are and what they are doing. Turkey hunting is the easiest time to catch poachers... you are in full camo and they are the ones sneaking and moving more. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Back