Dennis Kirk Calls

oldwretched

Hey Everyone just got reregistered was wondering what the opinion was of the dennis kirk game calls I have a mid range rechargeable call. What experience has anyone else had with these calls and tapes thanks

Hello Wretch! I can't tell you much about the callers. Critr uses one and you really need to talk to him. He has that call and all of the antennas and various parts down to a science.

I can sa this about the tapes though, Critr was using the DK woodpecker on our hunt and it is by far the best sounding I have ever heard.
Made me want to eat a woodpecker sandwich!

The DK call is one of the greatest contradictions that I have ever faced. It has the worst minuses and the best positives you can imagine.

First, the tapes. The tape used so much at Wikieup was a JS, not a DK. The only DK tapes I have ever used is their endless tapes. Don't!! They are much harder to drive than are regular tapes, and I am convinced that they ruined the first Sony Walkman (which Nite Lite replaced). I returned the tapes after that and got a refund.

The caller is top quality. +
It is complex. -
Nite Lite service is outstanding. +
Too many components can cause havoc. -
The sound fidelity and volume are outstanding. +
The call is heavy. -
The transmitter/receiver seem to be industrial quality, and work through brush, over rises, and almost unlimited distance. +++
By the time you are ready to use it, you really feel that you are wired for sound. -
The component system makes it easy to switch things, such to a new or different tape player, or from tape player to CDs. Just plug 'em in. +
The batteries are a nightmare. A 9-volt in the receiver, another in the receiver, 2 AAs in the Sony Walkman, and 9 c-cells in the main unit. -
I accidently dropped the main unit, which is the heavy part, from shoulder height to a wooden porch floor. Figured I had destroyed it. No effect, and that was last fall. It is one tough unit! +
At each stand, you must switch on the call, the receiver, and the transmitter. Then you control everything from the Sony Walkman (or whatever player you choose to use). -

There are many more pluses and minuses to this call. My experiences getting it all working right would just take my too long to type out.

Summary:
If you are intolerant of technical and mechanical problems, stay away from this call. If you can handle the startup problems, the folks at Nite Lite will bend over backwards to help you, and you will have the finest remote-control call on the market (at least, in my opinion).

I have used some FoxPro calls. They are light, simple to use, and the digital sounds are great. After using a FoxPro and 2 different DK calls, I bought the DK.

------------------
Critr
www.SaguaroSafaris.com
LW42144.jpg

hello I have a cheap DK, game buster, $115, model,uses 6 AA,batt. lasts 14 hrs., add 50ft. of wire,for 75ft total, installed, the call in a small padded, camo bag, plus a compact CD player, great sound, with the CDs, no sshhh sound, set bag next to you, to control vol., DK tapes are trash, JS tapes are good, CDs are great, just record your own. the only work is putting out the speaker, or use it as is,depends on the stand, always keep your options open

I used a JS with 75 feet of wire for years. Rolling out the wire isn't much more trouble than all the DK pieces and switches. But I can (and have) set the DK remote clear over on another ridge over a hundred yards away and watched all activity on the entire ridge. I have been able to observe both coyotes and foxes which came part way in and then lost interest. These observations are one thing that led to the development (in stages) of "Fluffy". It has been educational.

The original purpose behind the purchase was for lion hunting. I am allergic to claws in my back.......

------------------
Critr
www.SaguaroSafaris.com
LW42144.jpg

Back