Foxpro FX3 Remote

Llamadude

I am considering buying the Foxpro FX3. For you guys that have them (and the foxpro pro's), how far does the remote work on the FX3? They advertize "long distance". What is "long distance"? 20 yards? 200 yards? What?

Thanks for your help in advance.

It'll work about as far as you can shoot.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

But, It is kinda line-of-sight. Don't put the caller over the hill...(You want to watch the caller anyway)

If I had to put a yardage on it, I think it'll turn on the caller at 4-500 yards plus.

Your milage may vary.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Keep it in site and it also helps to keep it level or below you. It seems when I get mine above me on the hill it doesn't work nearly as well. Also get it off the ground a bit and it works much better.

The new ones have a better remote control than the first ones that came out. Even the old ones that had the lesser remote it would go 100+ yards if you could see it.

Great unit to have. Spend some time in your house before you go out trying to call playing with it and getting used to the remote.

they are actually tested at 800 yds line of sight. of course this will vary with terrain and weather and cover....I've tested min at several hundren yds with no problem. Foxpro suggests that you keep the call elevated and off the ground if you can... hang it in a shrub or on a hummock or little tripod. Ive had succes wit both elevating it and just leaving it on the ground. either way, the range is exceptional..more than you would ever need.

+1 on keeping it elevated. I have an FX3 and I love it, calls coyotes well too. I have not seen the need to upgrade to the FX5 just yet.

I have a fx3 works great /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif,but if i get a small bush, and not even a thick one it doesn't work very well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif. But I would not own another type of e caller. fox pro the way to go. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Got the new FX3 with Jack in the box out this weekend. Called in a fox on the 2nd stand. My partner and I take turns and this fox came so hard, he couldnt get a shot off. I had a possible shot, but was waiting for him to shoot. This fox came in and actually tried to bite the decoy on the JIB and that is when he must have smelled us. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

That was FUUUUUUUUNNNNN!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Bigdog1
Get the foxpro up off the ground, even 12 inches off the ground make a differrence. I always try to place my foxpro as high off the ground as I can. Don't place it on the ground by the bush, put it on top of the bush.

t/c223encore.

Back