6MM BENCH REST CALIBER

Sorry Cat, I do shoot & load both chamberings. Not scrambling either, just using HARD evidence & numbers that ANYONE that shoots at extended range MUST have & know to be successful.

I'm sorry if you think physics & math is stupid and dumb. I use them daily and are a must in my work & life. I don't (and can't afford to) just make up numbers off the top of my head.

Calling names, come on, either your really loosing it here or an 8 year old is writing in on your screen name...???
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

I had gotten a 6mm ppc when ruger came out with the target model, while studying the reloading manual they'd come out with the 6mm norma br cartridge and I had seen the numbers and it's a hot round so then I started looking at .243 and could see with the lighter bullets it can be faster than the .243 with about 10gr. les powder. This made me read everything I could find on the caliber and what I'd read from some ballistics expert, he'd claimed that the short fat cartridge combined with a bit more shoulder angle made the case way more efficient. Kinda like two identical race cars except one is way lighter, it uses less gas and will get there quicker

You responded to a thread that’s almost 20 years old.lol

LOL... Dead ThreadPhilia
-

-
6br.jpg

I had gotten a 6mm ppc when ruger came out with the target model, while studying the reloading manual they'd come out with the 6mm norma br cartridge and I had seen the numbers and it's a hot round so then I started looking at .243 and could see with the lighter bullets it can be faster than the .243 with about 10gr. les powder. This made me read everything I could find on the caliber and what I'd read from some ballistics expert, he'd claimed that the short fat cartridge combined with a bit more shoulder angle made the case way more efficient. Kinda like two identical race cars except one is way lighter, it uses less gas and will get there quicker

In no way shape or form is a 6 BR comparable to a 243, even with light bullets...Case capacity is 15g difference between the 2. But nice try... ballistic experts 🤣

Kinda like building drag cars, there's no replacement for displacement!!

Being both a huge fan and owner of 243s and 6br, the 6br is actually my favorite caliber. It doesn't reach the speeds of the 243 with the same bullets but it makes up for it in more barrel life, better accuracy, less recoil, more reloads, easier to load for and less powder.

Here's my PRS rig in 6br.

KIMG20240313_193144892.JPG
KIMG20240313_193154773.JPG
KIMG20240313_193229212.JPG
KIMG20240313_193254495.JPG

I kinda like this catshooter guy, is he still around by chance? Or did the admins kick him off like they do most everyone else who doesn't always play nice and call people out on their silly BS? Just curious...🤣

He was around before I started here. My guess he probably has passed away.

That's to bad. I remember seeing him post quite frequently back in the day when I first joined back in 07-08' I always liked him and the knowledge he provided outside the box with real world shooting experience. He helped me develop some super fast/accurate loads for my triple deuce with 40g vmaxs and IMR4198.

Yeah, that’s just my guess but I know he basically knew everything. He was one of the go to guys here and he had a question. Don’t know what happened to him, but I am guessing he is long gone. I think I joined around 05’?…under a different log in name, 243ME. Said September of 2005 with 417 posts. I couldn’t get logged back when I bought a new desk top so I went through a few user names here.

He was banned. I do see him ever now and then on other sites.

That's to bad he was banned, kinda what I figured all along to be honest. Not all surprising these days when people voice an opinion that is different from the rest. Guess I better start playing along myself and put on an act just to appease everyone...

That's to bad he was banned, kinda what I figured all along to be honest. Not all surprising these days when people voice an opinion that is different from the rest. Guess I better start playing along myself and put on an act just to appease everyone...

Things have changed DRASTICALLY here dude, the old regime that swung the ban hammer frequently without any guidelines is long gone. The controlling monopolies are long gone.

I got better shit to do today then hash out the past unjust but the new leadership has taken great strides to implement improvements, have a ban policy that applies to everyone equally that's transparent in our TOS, allow members more freedom to voice opinions and still try to keep this place respectful and PG13!!

We've actually allowed many many banned members from the past come back. That trend will continue as long as a person is here for the right reasons.

Back