Michelle's answered prayers

guess

For those that have missed what’s been going on, Michelle took deathly ill March 17th. We came closer to loosing her than I ever want to come again. She was admitted to the hospital the day before Turkey Season opened and her 1 prayer was that she would be able to turkey hunt this season, something she looks forward to each year. Well today April 19 she told me she was going to hunt if it killed her. I thought hard and checked a spot about noon to see if there was any turkey activity there. Sure enough there was evidence that they had been strutting there a lot. As the day wore on Michelle almost decided not to go, she was just wore out. I told her that we would just get out a drive around or walk for a short bit if she liked. At 7 pm we pulled into the area near the strut zone. I was able to drive to within 20 yards of the area, go park the truck and walk back. As I got there I struck up the slate and got 2 gobbles right away. I set the decoys less than 20 feet in front of us so I wouldn’t be seen. We got set up and called some more. They were coming hard now! I saw the first bird out at about 20 yards, but the grass was so tall I couldn’t see the beard. His tail looked like a jakes. Michelle passed him and moved to the second bird. At that time I noticed the first bird had a good beard and the second had a tail like a jake also. So I told her to shoot the first one. She squeezed the trigger on her 12 gauge and down he went! I had begged her to use the 20 gauge because I was afraid the 12 would hurt her as much weight as she has lost, but no dice she wouldn’t give up her 12. At 5 minutes and 32 seconds into the hunt she had taken a bird with a 10 3/8 inch beard, 1 inch spurs and weighed 20 pounds. Talk about answered prayers! She later told me that even though the second bird had a jakes tail he had a lot thicker and very long beard. We took pictures and headed for the truck, she had to stop and rest a couple of times over a 70 yard walk, but she was very thankful just to be out.

I think this day rates in the top 10 of the happiest days of My life and remember I have 5 kids and married to a great woman, so that puts this day way up there!

Michelle asked me to give an extra special thanks to all that have been praying for her. It has meant so much to her.

Michelle Giving thanks

normal_Michelle_Gobbler_giving_thanks_4-19-08.jpg

I think this one shows how much weight she has lost.

normal_Michelle_gobbler_1_4-19-08.jpg

normal_Michelle_Gobbler_me_4-19-08.jpg

My reward:

normal_Michelle_gobbler_kiss_4-19-08.jpg

Man! This puts a lump in my throat. Great story and pictures. Great bird! Michelle does look a tad weak. Best fatten her up before taking on the hogs.

Quote:
she had to stop and rest a couple of times over a 70 yard walk, but she was very thankful just to be out.

What a jerk! Next time YOU carry the gun and bird! Sheese! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Wow! Wonderful story and answer to prayer. That's grace ladled out with a big spoon. Am so tickled here that I am grinning at the computer screen.

Hey Glenn and especially Michelle!

FAN-tastic! That is what we've all been praying for and will continue to pray for until Michelle is all well. Nothing like being out in nature's beauty with family and the ones we love!

Nikonut /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Double posted! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

I'm so happy to see this I must has hit the submit button twice! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

mathew 21:22 "all things you ask in prayer, believing, you shall recieve."

it's great to hear she was able to get out! God has a way of working everything out, but only in His time.

take care!

Congratulations to Michelle for the fine looking bird and her determination to get one. Glad to hear she's perking up. Glenn, maybe Michelle is hinting that she wants something other than all that hog meat you've been feeding her!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks for sharing that with us. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Nice bird, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif I'm glad the good Lord gave you the strength to get out and do what you enjoy. Keep the faith Michelle.

Back