OUT ON THE STREET AGAIN!

claimbuster

BOULDER - A judge decided Thursday that a 22-year-old who killed his adoptive mother and grandmother in 1999 should serve a 32-year sentence at a halfway house.

John Engel was 14 years old when he killed his mother, Mary Beth Engel, and his grandmother, Catherine Reinschmidt, inside his Longmont home.

In 2001, he was sentenced to seven years with the Division of Youth Corrections. When that time was up, he was supposed to be sentenced to 32 years in jail, but first, a judge had to review the case.

That happened Thursday.

Engel told the judge, "For the past eight years, I have received intense therapy. I learned a lot about my mental illness. I learned skills to deal with my mental illness and depression appropriately. I'm sorry for my actions eight years ago. I will spend the rest of my life trying to make amends."

The judge placed Engel in lifetime probation.

"But, I really didn't mean to do it!"

I don't get it. He's an animal and deserves to be in a cage. Who is his next victim?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angry-smiley-055.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angry-smiley-055.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angry-smiley-055.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angry-smiley-055.gif

Why are we shocked at this?

The people of Boulder are getting exactly what they deserve.

The people of Boulder elect liberal politicians who nominate liberal judges to sit on the bench. Even a fool knows that liberals make bad judges.

Let the liberals be environmental activists, sociology professors or focus group leaders, NOT JUDGES!

I agree with you JWP. It would not behoove him to be my neighbor. He would constantly feel someone is watching him.

One of the great things about Virginia is we have the death penalty and aren't afraid to use it. I think we are second only to Texas.

Quote:
He would constantly feel someone is watching him.

Through a scope??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Quote:
He should spend the rest of his life "making amends" behind bars.

No, he should make amends by taking a nice little shot in the left arm!!! "Behind bars" is very expensive, and anyone that kills another person, or two in this case, doesn't deserve free food, heat, AC, cable TV, and education!

Back