223 Brass - Where to find? Suggestions?

Check with local law enforcement ..... rifle teams, swat teams, etc. I got 1500 pieces of Federal brass for 3 cents a piece a couple years ago. If you have any connections, it may be free. I have a friend on the local sheriff's SWAT team and he can provide me with all the .45ACP and 9mm I want, free for the asking.

Google once fired 223 brass. AR15.com usually has a ton of it for sale in the Reloading Section of the equipment exchange.

I picked up 2k once fired Winchester with no crimp from brassmanbrass.com for 65 per 1k. Granted. This was a little less than a year ago but great service from them. Was dirty as he!! but nothing an hour or two in the tumbler didn't cure /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I've been finding a bunch of once fired brass where people have been shooting in sand pits. Also found 50 pieces of .243 brass at the same spot. I'm not going to buy brass any more. Alot of the people in my area don't reload and are out just to shoo the heck out of any target they can set out. Great for me as I know where to look and what to look for. I've collected about 300 pieces of .223 in the last month or so and some 7mm, .270 and 06. Saves me a bundle on supplies. More for powder, primers and bullets.

RTLOF(TONY) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I just rcvd 2k rds from TopBrass (www.scharch.com). They have some pretty decent deals on 1X processed brass, primed, w/ bullets. Looks like all the brass was LC and in EXCELLENT shape. They currently have processed unprimed brass in stock. They said their primed brass was about 30days out.

Thanks guys... ...this will make poppin' Prairie dogs/rats in the summer much more fun when I need not worry about each-and-every cartridge fired.

also try private ranges, I have one local, friend of a member and they gave me permission to clean up brass, sat for about an hour waiting for a group to finish shooting, got almost 1K of 223 brass from them alone. 3 full gallon ziplocs of 45 brass, and 1 of 357, just from the group shooting. I guess I need to learn how to reload next!

Back