Bushnell Banner Question

catwithboost

Anyone ever try one of these scopes. Looking for a Coyote and deer back up scope. It is going on a 243
The Bushnell Banner 6-18x50 AO with Multi-X reticle in matte black finish is a super-high-powered variable scope for high-performance centerfire and break-barrel air rifles. An excellent long-range target and varmint scope with Parallax adjustment from 10 yd to infinity. Featuring Bushnell's Dusk & Dawn Brightness (DDB) multi-coated lenses for clarity and brightness in low light. Other features include: one-piece tube, dry-nitrogen filled, 100% waterproof/fogproof/shockproof, and 1/4 MOA windage and elevation adjustments

I can answer this one. I have 3 of the 6x18x50's. I love them for the price and not one have ever failed me. So I kept buying them.

In Christ,

Song Dog

Most of the folks that call and do coyote sets use lower power variable scopes. For deer the same thing holds true. In this game field of view is the king of the hill. It doesn't take missing a deer jumped at 25 yards or trying to pick up a coyote with that 6 power scope at the same distance to make that really apparent. Add to that both deer and coyotes at long yardages are not hard to hit with 7 to 10 power top end scopes.

Instead of looking at power numbers look at field of view specs on scopes for that kind of hunting. Anything with much less than a 40 foot field of view at a hundred yards doesn't really work well for the game your talking about. Most of us are using 3 by 9's and 2 by 7's. Put the higher power scope on in the spring for ground squirrels and rock chucks.

I have three as well, as stated above, they will cost you your shot at close range. However, out in the sagebrush they are perfect. If your going to be shooting 100yds.+ you can't beat them for the price. Last weekend i got a yodie at 506yds with that scope on a .223 savage. blue

I have three of the 4-12 X40 Banners and all have been an excellent value. Midway has them at $79 from time to time.

Jeff

I very seldom have mine over 8 power so I could use less power but I am pretty much used to them. I did think about getting the 4x for my cz but I already had another 6x18.

In Christ,

Song Dog

I have both the 4-12x40 and 6-18x50 Banners and love them both. But I think for deer and yotes the 4-12 might be the better choice. Lower magnifcation for the close in shots. For varmints, the 6-18 would be my choice. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

I have a Banner on one of my older 10/22s. It has led a rough life and has never lost zero or fogged up. I'm pretty sure that it's a 4-12x40 but I can't recall ever cranking it up past 6 in a hunting situation.

Back