Is this hunting ??????????

Status
Not open for further replies.
NASA you took the words right out of my mouth with your first post. i couldent agree with you more.
besides the dogs kill a lot faster then a bad shot does so think about that when you say houndsmen are inhumain.
and just for the record i dont hunt coyotes with dogs, but i do suport it.

sandhillshunter i agree with you to. that is mostly all i do is dog bear and coon. i love hering the dogs, i love being in the woods, and for some sick diminted reason i love puting my body through pain, that is why i bear hunt.

Is Jerry Springer filming this /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif
Support your local sportsman. We're all here together and should stand togther. This bickering does nothing positive for our sport. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

I think bigc about said it all folks and did a good job at it...
Also I agree with Nasa,RedFrog and several others as well.
Also time will tell if we have trolls on here or not,sure to be much interesting reading on the forum for a while,for sure.
The only thing I take exception to is the redneck stuff,to anti's(anti hunting,anti gun,anti anything)is to them WE are All rednecks because of what We Do,they don't like what we do without exception.So hearing another hunter calling another hunter a redneck is pretty dumb

Quote:
1. I think the original poster is just an anti posing as a hunter. How many people come to a hunting talk forum and after just a few post, goes into something like this. One minute its coyotes and hounds, then the next it's all hound hunting. I mean, if your not into hound hunting, why are you looking at hound video's on the net? Kinda smells if you ask me. I think the original poster is just a fool anti and should go pound sand.

I am not a troll, I have been hunting for 23 years. Look at the 3rd post on the 5th page. As far as looking at the videos on YouTube, I have done my first coyote hunting the past fall and I am hooked. I always do a search on YouTube of the word coyote and of the videos that were posted in the last week. The videos that I listed were some of the one posted this week.
I didn't care for the type of hunting and I was wondering what most of you predator hunters thought.
Now I see and understand more after reading pages and pages of answer and discussions.
I could have used better judgment in my words.
I now understand that even if it's not my cup to tea, that it is a legal for of hunting and as a hunter I should not put it down.
I now realize that hunting forms, no matter what they are, hunters should stick together to save the rights for us all.
Granted if I don't care for it I'm not gonna praise it, but I will not put it down.
I will agree that the video poster on YouTube used bad judgement by posting those videos that anyone ( antis ) can see and fuel their fire.
I will say though that this post has been educational in many ways.
But as far as a TROLL, I AM NOT.
I came to this site to learn to hunt and discuss coyote hunting.
I didn't realize I was gonna make this big mess.
Ever do something you wish you could take back?

Quote:
My first marriage comes to mind!

Yeh, I like to take back my 1st marriage, but then I wouldn't have had my kid.

I certainly hope you understand why you have been viewed with skepticism, and still are.

I'd save youtube for viewing bimbos and other exhibitionists. For the life of me, I can't imagine why you'd go there to learn anything about the outdoors.

Spend some time out hunting, there is no substitute.

some of you guys sure have a way of welcoming newer members. If this is how it goes there will end up being 20 hard headed guys sitting on this site bitching about how everyone else is stupid because they dont agree "precisely" with what they think. I think all of us here have learned something on this subject however, including me. I think the biggest concern is someone filming this and posting it on utube. I think we can all agree on that! I think the questioning and accusing people of being antis is pretty lame. The more members the better, I think? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

This will hopefully be my last post on this topic .... unless of course I'm forced to defend myself once again. LOL

For the record I am not an anti, I am am avid hunter ... that's why I found this site in the first place!

It seems to me that stifling someones opinion just because you don't agree with it is fundalmentally un-American, so I THANK REDFROG FOR NOT KICKING ME OFF OF THE SITE. Despite this, I guess that we just having differing views and perhaps never the twain shall meet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

NASA ... "I have issues with anyone who, delibertately or unintentionally, degigrates the sport of hunting on any level" I could not agreee with you more, but where you and I part company is with what we both perceive to denigrate that sport. Both of our positions are well articulated in the treads, so I see no need to debate them further ...

We could keep this tread going from now until who knows when (until I convince you to my view... just joking /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif ), but what would be the point.

Lets just leave it by agreeing that some well intentioned hunters have differing opinions on certain contraversal topics and leave it at that.

Happy hunting and best of luck,

EastCoastHunter

I feel 100% it is hunting...
You are using the dogs for what they are bred for. Sight hounds, coon hounds, upland dogs, rabbit dogs, etc... It is all they same. I hunt fox and coons with my shorthairs when I can. They use them in Germany all the time for fox. If it isnt what your into than your not. Nothing more to it than that. If you are a dog person and enjoy seeing a good dog work then you will like it..

My 2 cents
Dave

Last edited:
That rocks! I'm gettin' greyhounds. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Anyone want my guns? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I don't understand why we can't have a simple discussion without name calling. Why not respect each other and stop and listen to the others opinion. We are adults and should act like it. So lets just try discussing and sharing opinions without all the drama. Most of you wouldn't get into name calling if the person was standing infront of you so why do it on here.

Last edited:
Redfrog break out the animal and kids pictures.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

i might as well say what i think.

for me hunting is a connection between you and an animal. i wouldnt hunt coyotes with dogs because i dont pull the trigger or release the arrow.

i believe we are all in this together and even if you dont think its right you should support it because once the antis get a grip on taking away hunting in one way, they will proceed to take away hunting in another way.

Well, should we take a vote? Have we all gotten it off our chest? I think everyone knows where everyone else stands. There probably isn't anything left to say that hasn't already been said. I also think this entire thread, as stimulating and "educational" as it was, deserves to be retired to the back room. Away from the prying eyes of those who would try to hang us with it.

All in favor, say Aye! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I think it's ran it's course and then some. Most of the debate has been just that... debate. Some of the posts were on the the ragged edge.

Personally, I don't think 2robinghood is a troll. His previous posts don't indicate that anyway. He has said he regretted starting the thread.

I don't want to get involved in the debate. I have nothing to add that hasn't been said. I think now is a good time to shut the door. If one of the other mods feels it should be reopened, they can.

As for moving it to the back room, part of this thread has some good info and is a valid debate. Illustrates the vast differences in opinions of folks that should have alot in common. lol! For now I think it should be out here to read. If the subject comes up in back, and others feel it should be moved...so be it.

Good hunting! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back