E-caller newbie in Scotland - help would be much appreciated

david1976

Hello and greetings from Scotland. I'm hoping you can explain something to me and help me get my head round it.

Electric callers are not really used her in Scotland and when they are for sale they are ridiculously expensive

I would be very grateful if someone could tell me or point me in the right direction of a web page that could show me how i could make one of these homemade e-caller. Is the one shown on this web site is the best call to make?

Where is the best site to download sounds from for the caller? I have read that the best ones are foxpro is this correct? Ones that are digital and have no background hiss.

Also are there plans for a remote version available?

Thank you for your help (i'll post pictures of the items i build and let you all know if they work in Scotland).

What do you want to try calling in Scotland? I have a friend in England who has used his caller for crows and magpies with great success. He raises chickens so the foxes come without the need for a caller. I like the fact that you can hunt with a spotlight in the UK.
Should you want a caller from the US, I can send you one if you like. I have relatives who come visit me who could bring it back or just post it to you. They are a lot cheaper here!

signed

A Brit who resides in Tennessee!

Quote:
What do you want to try calling in Scotland? I have a friend in England who has used his caller for crows and magpies with great success.

It's for foxes.

I'd like to use it for crows and magpies but it's illegal here to decoy birds with sound in order to kill them, and only legal if it's to attract them for a photograph!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Thank you for the offer.

If you want to try to build you're own e-caller.I posted all the info on the one I built a couple months ago.In the electronic callers forum,look for the post named "Heres my homemade e-caller".See if it gives you any ideas.If you got any questions,post them or send me a PM.Good Luck!
Dusty

Back