Got to Play With a US Optics Scope Saturday

Stealth1959

One of the guys at the range had a 10X with the MOA reticle and he was kind enough to let me shoot his custom Rem .308.

All I can say is WOW! The glass was incredibly clear and the scope is built like a tank on steroids. Great scope in the $1000+ range. Well worth the $$ IMHO.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

I could care less what you stick with. Just stating my experience with a particular scope. My most expensive scope is a $400 Weaver T-36 big deal. I have no plans to buy a $1000 scope but if I was going to I would put this one in the running with Night Force and Zeiss.

Geeze, what a.....

In my opinion US Optics make the best scope you can put on a long range rifle and 1000,00 is cheap for one. Most that i have seen go closer to 2500,00 to 3000,00. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hey I am glad that you liked it. As a sales person I feel that our scopes are far easier to sell for me when the end user gets behind it and actually gets to shoot it.

Trevor

After looking at US Optic web site, the prices i have seen must have had a lot of the options you can get from the company on their scopes. 1000,00 to 1400,00 is the average price without a multitude of options. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Stealth,

If everyone had the opportunity to test drive one like you did, a lot of money would be going in piggy banks throughout the world for a future purchase.

You just can't understand until you experience the difference.

Berettaman,

If at all goes right and time frames match up we might even have the new reticle design ready to go into the scopes.

Knock'em yes the new rheo will be available on it and we have yet to meet with JBW to discuss details of the reticle. My guess is that we will meet in the next two to three weeks and then it takes 60 days to get the reticle finished. We are looking at something that has some ranging possibilities, not too busy and works well for running shots and CQ. Still pretty open at this point. All of our schedules are really busy right now so that is hanging things up a bit.

I'm still messing around with reticle design on an antiquated program I have @ work. It does not allow for a complete sight picture so imagine the outer horizontal posts to mirror the lower vertical post...
USORED2001.jpg

It doesn't allow for the detail I'd like, but it's pretty close. Ideally, the ranging parts of the reticle would be barely visible at 1X power, as explained below. This would maxmize an uncluttered f.o.v. at low power, yet allow for accurate ranging when cranked up.

The 32moa circle and internal 4A type posts would allow the eye to focus on target quickly. The finer crosshairs would allow for more precise aiming at longer range and give the shooter 2moa stadia for ele/wind holdovers. The entire RED part of the reticle, as shown, would be the illuminated portion.

I designed the internal posts of the circle reticle to "bracket" a liberal average body size of a coyote at a distance of 200yds. A coyote inside of 200yds would appear larger than these parameters, regardless of magnification...thanks to a FFP design. But it would still be easy to keep an approaching critter centered in the scope, thanks to the heavy circle & posts.

Specifically, the space in between the horizontal 8 moa posts is 16moa. At a distance of 200yds, that open space would translate to ~32" of width, roughly the body length of an average coyote. The 8moa space between the internal vertical 8moa post would be ~16" @ 200yds....a fair average for the shoulder height of an average coyote. Keeping these parameters in mind, you can imagine what a coyote would look like through the scope, theoretically...

Outside of the circle dot, the outer 4A type posts are broken into 1 moa stadia for traditional ranging of stationary targets. The heaviest posts outside the ranging stadia would help keep scope canting in check. They may need to be lit red also, come to think of it...

Quote:
I'm still messing around with reticle design on an antiquated program I have @ work. It does not allow for a complete sight picture so imagine the outer horizontal posts to mirror the lower vertical post...
USORED2001.jpg

It doesn't allow for the detail I'd like, but it's pretty close. Ideally, the ranging parts of the reticle would be barely visible at 1X power, as explained below. This would maxmize an uncluttered f.o.v. at low power, yet allow for accurate ranging when cranked up.

The 32moa circle and internal 4A type posts would allow the eye to focus on target quickly. The finer crosshairs would allow for more precise aiming at longer range and give the shooter 2moa stadia for ele/wind holdovers. The entire RED part of the reticle, as shown, would be the illuminated portion.

I designed the internal posts of the circle reticle to "bracket" a liberal average body size of a coyote at a distance of 200yds. A coyote inside of 200yds would appear larger than these parameters, regardless of magnification...thanks to a FFP design. But it would still be easy to keep an approaching critter centered in the scope, thanks to the heavy circle & posts.

Specifically, the space in between the horizontal 8 moa posts is 16moa. At a distance of 200yds, that open space would translate to ~32" of width, roughly the body length of an average coyote. The 8moa space between the internal vertical 8moa post would be ~16" @ 200yds....a fair average for the shoulder height of an average coyote. Keeping these parameters in mind, you can imagine what a coyote would look like through the scope, theoretically...

Outside of the circle dot, the outer 4A type posts are broken into 1 moa stadia for traditional ranging of stationary targets. The heaviest posts outside the ranging stadia would help keep scope canting in check. They may need to be lit red also, come to think of it...

FREAKIN Genius............

Chupa

Back