TT - Cow Horn Tip Calls - Pictorial Progress on this batch

I'm pretty much done for tonight. I'm at a good breakpoint and can't rush the process. That's when quality suffers.

I'll keep progress pics and sound files of the other two calls.

Tony

You have no idea (well, maybe YOU do). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I've been on a horn streak for the past few months and the smell and dust has pretty much permiated everything in my shop...and garage...and house...and neighborhood... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Man, I love being a Redneck!

Tony

Quote:
You have no idea (well, maybe YOU do). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I've been on a horn streak for the past few months and the smell and dust has pretty much permiated everything in my shop...and garage...and house...and neighborhood... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Man, I love being a Redneck!

Tony

You could patent the smell and make a cologne called "Redneck"... The tag-line would be something like..."Want women to leave you alone... Want to keep your neighbors from bugging you... then use Redneck"

My horn tip calls are $35 + $2 shipping. They are my highest requested custom calls.

Let me know if you want one built for ya.

Thanks...Tony

Fantastic article...informative and interesting...made more so by reader comments. I especially enjoyed the evolution of the calls. The sound bites were especially illustrative. I'm curious, does anyone do the same thing with buffalo horn tips or is this even doable?

blush.gif
Well what can I say? At 64-yo and a newbe to the sport, I just ordered his 4-hr Calling video
thumbup1.gif

Originally Posted By: TonyTebbeHit it even better, and you'll get rasp and harmonics (multiple pitches at the same time). To me, that's what makes one call seem to produce over others.

Tony

Tony, Do your production calls hit the harmonics that you mention above.

Great thread by the way. I just found it.

Last edited:
Ate the farm in the last week,some de-horning was done. I saved a few of the best in the pile. Not my thing, but they sure are impressive in the end. I could UPS these to someone who would use them. I'm in central Alberta. Phone works too. 780-405-6930 Darrel.

Back