TT - Cow Horn Tip Calls - Pictorial Progress on this batch

I'm right here guys. I'll need to eat dinner before we start.

What you guys watched, last night, was my mass machining of 13 calls. When going from machine to machine, it works out best to do a batch of them. We got all the rough work out of the way. But...we took a good break point, where we left off. Now comes the part where each call has to have personal attention to it. This where the customization of each call comes into play for it to earn a "TT" mark.

I will select 3 calls to finish tonight. The process will go much slower than last night. They will go from rough state to tuned, bored, sanded, polished, re-tuned, etc... I'll make sure I record plenty of before/during/after sound files, so that you can see what goes into each one. The rest of the batch will get worked on next week, as we are leaving to visit the parents in Illinois for the weekend.

We'll finish the following:

Frshwtr's call - raspy cottontail with high pitched squeals on the tip.
SDCoyotecaller's call - black colored jackrabbit with deep raspy squauls and good volume.
Lungpopper's call - red/white striped cottontail with raspy meduim/high pitch and screaming tip.

PS. 10 of the 13 are custom orders, I should have 3 available if they all make the mark.

Let me eat dinner and we'll start in 45-60 or so.

Thanks all.....Tony

I missed this last night! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif
Looks like I may miss most of it tonight as well. Darn it!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Oh well, it's all good! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I love these threads from Tony!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif
{Now, if I can just get online at the correct time to get one of his high-screamin' CT tips, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif the overtime I'm working will be worth it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif}

We're going to have to play this by ear guys. We have tornado sirens going off like crazy. My wife is on storm watch outside, while I'm getting reeds cut for these calls.

Tony

wow great guy (or crazy) if we had tonrado sirens here and they were going off i would be hiding

we should do this another night

I think it'd be best if we postpone this till Monday night. I need to go take care of the family, until this monster storm passes.

Tony

Keep your family safe, my friend! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Call makin' can wait. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

{'Course, come to think of it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif...I was making my pair of "Frenzy" Pup cow horn howlers last May while I listened to storm reporting on the radio. That was the night Kent's (seeinspots) home got destroyed by the tornado!} /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

BTW, how's the toneboard pouring coming along? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif (JK, I just felt like picking on ya, & being nosy) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Hey Tony,

I was just finally able to pop in here and see how things were going. We are having a nasty blizzard up here in SD. The lights keep going off and on, so I am trying to get on between power outages. I will take 5 feet of snow over a dang tornado anyday. Keep yourself and the family safe, and we will catch you on Monday night. Take care Tony.

All is safe here now guys....as far as I know. I ended up watching the sky and talking on the phone about predator hunting for the past 2 hours. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Tony

Awesome tutorial Tony. I have both the min and max cyanide resin calls and love them, but am going to have to break down and get the real thing someday.

Back