TT - Cow Horn Tip Calls - Pictorial Progress on this batch

Idol Gives Back must be over....wife is here. I'm going to stop building calls for tonight, as I need to work on my daughter's taxes. Heck, I've got to eat some dinner, still.

We'll finish this project tomorrow night. Hope ya'll come back. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Thanks guys.....Tony

yeah im going in while she has the baby first biological kid cant pass up the chance to be there

ill try to be here heck cant miss it made it this far and it been fun ill be here

Last edited:
What size cow horn do you usually start with? I've got a few small ones, but they're hollow nearly to the tip

Wow this is a way cool post one of these days I am going to buy one of these calls! Hopefully this summer, right now no time for work FINALES SUCK!!!!!!!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

Enjoying the information Tony!!!Any chance you can give me a sneak peak of the call your doing for me if its in this lineup???How many years have you been building the cow horn calls??Mark

Well, I'm done filing my daughter's taxes. That sure didn't take long.

To answer a few questions:

- My wife knows how I feel about Carrie Underwood. She mopped up my drool for me, when we seen Carrie in concert, last month. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif We sat 3 feet from her singing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

- These tips came from all different sized horns. Some where 6" long, others were 25" long. It's a solid tip that I look for, no matter what the horn length. If a horn is hollow to the very tip, I sell it to other howler builders that can use it for inserted toneboards. I made plenty of them in the past and that horn shape works great for it.

- Mark, I remember us talking about a cow horn tip call, but couldn't remember if you wanted cottontail or jackrabbit. One of these will be yours. PM me what type again.

I'm going to grab a bite to eat, take a shower, and go have a couple/three drinks at the karaoke bar with my wife.

I'll be back to finish these with ya'll tomorrow night.

Thanks...Tony

I thought I missed out on the build when I saw it was three pages long!! Glad to see I can tune in tomorrow night. Looks like I will be leaving work on time for a change, thanks Tony /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

BTW, Looks like a sweet batch of calls!!

This is awesome to watch these calls take shape I'm going to check back in later tonight,I'm headed to Charlottesville tonight taking the wife to see Carrie Underwood !! I promised her that I was only thinking of her and how bad she wanted to see Carrie when I bought the tickets /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif I will sacrifice my evening and sit through the concert too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I missed this last night but I will be watching tonight. Thanks for the pictorial it's great to watch the calls being made.

Will these calls be sold after they are complete, if so I am interested in a jackrabbit tone call.

Nice job Tony, really enjoying this post. Its entertaining and I'm learning a lot. Always admire your ability to make sound boards.
9th

attention9ha.gif

I am ready for class . MrT in the House . Here in Mo. got some nasty weather hope everone up north is ok it's coming your way Iowa.

Back