If you guys ever want a good laugh...

I_AM_LEGEND

go to Yahoo Answers - Outdoors - Hunting and read some of the questions and answers... Wow I don't know where these people come up with some of these Q & A's... today alone we got:

What is a .223 high power rifle worth?

- I never knew .223 was a high power cartridge, along with that I guess guns are valued on caliber alone now...

Are mallard ducks edible and are they illegal to eat in the wild, i'm going camping without food?

- I guess some ducks aren't edible and are illegal to eat, along with that I guess if you go camping without food it's just fine to shoot whatever and eat it to make up for your lack of preparation and planning. I'm sure Mr. Game Warden won't mind you breaking laws due to ignorance...

How much is Glock Model 30 Pistol?

-apparently people still don't know how to use google shopping or find an online gun auction site like gunbroker or auction arms but ok, he's just looking for some direction... the best part is the response by a guy by the name of "pathfinder", he says "the Glock 30 is for government use only, get a Glock 15..." LOL, any semi-auto is available to citizens in most states, including the Glock 30 and Glock models start at 19... Love the ignorant people that answer questions they know nothing about. After I called him out on it he went and changed his answer to "$525"

"Can you rattle deer from a tree stand?"

- I told him no, he'll undoubtedly fall if he tries.... LOL

9 Millimeter Hand Gun? Im really into Guns and Hunting. I was wondering what the price of a new 9 Mill handgun is in California?

- that's like asking how much a V8 truck costs... and 9mm for hunting?? I suppose if you're hunting gangbangers... obviously he's not really into guns and hunting otherwise he'd know there's more than one 9 mm handgun, they range in cost and no one uses a 9 mm to hunt anything... I suppose dumb questions get dumb answers. One ignorant responded with "a semi auto looses velocity from chambering another round", LOL, not to mention the kid asking the question is 15....

Will any of these make a good varmint (coy-dogs) gun?
A break barrel .22 for $152
http://www.compasseco.com/index.php?acti...
A under lever .22 for $180
http://www.compasseco.com/index.php?acti...
I'm leaning towards this .22 break barrel for $200
http://www.pyramydair.com/p/mendoza-rm-2...
Maybe this .22 break barrel
http://www.pyramydair.com/p/mendoza-rm-6...
While "only" 850 fps, I'd consider this one
http://www.pyramydair.com/p/mendoza-rm-2...

Basically I want iron sights, peep is preferred. No scope, as this may upset some people in the area. A .22 with a minimum of 850-900 fps and a price under $200. Where I live, it is illegal to discharge a firearm, but not a pellet rifle. We've got a problem with coyotes and coy-dogs killing pets.
I've like to solve the problem or at least reduce it significantly.

At least here, people ask about using under powered firearms to hunt coyotes like 22 lr and 17 rem... Fortunately everyone told him you don't hunt coyotes with a pellet gun toy... I can picture his neighbors, "FRED!!!! He's out there with a scope on it again!!!!!"

Has anybody seen the new ultra compact .380 Ruger LCP?
what kind of stopping power do you think it has?

- not much and beyond that, probably the same as any other .380...

Is it legal to shoot a handgun at targets in my backyard in Ghost Town, West Oakland, CA? Lots of people shoot outside on the street, and are usually aiming at other people, is it legal to shoot at targets in my backyard... im not saying I even want to do this... but is it technically legal if the bullet doesnt leave my property?

- I told him there's only one way to find out, he obviously lives in Oakland city limits or the suburbs and we're talking Commifornia.... If the bullet doesn't leave your property why not?? I think I may just sight in my rifle in the backyard of my parent's subdivision...

I think you guys get the point, it's pretty funny how ignorant some of these people are, especially in California where about half those questions came from.. It's no wonder they try and outlaw every type of gun!!!

If it wasn't for modern civilization and the welfare state, most of these folks would be long gone /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I worked gun counters and sporting goods stores for a few years. Those kinds of questions were common. I had a father tell me I was an idiot for even suggesting a .22 LR was capable of killing or doing great harm to a human. He was buying his kid a .22 RF for Christmas. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif It was a real frustrating business to be in at times.

Quote:
I worked gun counters and sporting goods stores for a few years. Those kinds of questions were common. I had a father tell me I was an idiot for even suggesting a .22 LR was capable of killing or doing great harm to a human. He was buying his kid a .22 RF for Christmas. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif It was a real frustrating business to be in at times.

I worked a gun counter for a couple of years and seen the same types of thing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

Of course a .22 LR cannot hurt a human, unless of course it's fired from a semi-automatic weapon......then it becomes deadly.

And just a heads-up, the Glock models start a 17, the full size 9mm.

Quote:
Of course a .22 LR cannot hurt a human, unless of course it's fired from a semi-automatic weapon......then it becomes deadly.

And just a heads-up, the Glock models start a 17, the full size 9mm.

ahh i stand corrected, I forgot about that!!! LOL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif at least I knew it didn't go down to 15... LOL

Quote:
Actually a 223 is a high power rifle. High power just means centerfire.

Jack

so is 17 rem considered high power as well?? I guess when I'm thinking high power I'm thinking of the upper range of calibers, deer worthy cartridges... maybe that's where the name the Browning High Power comes from, cause its a centerfire pistol?? I just don't see rounds like the 25 auto, 17 hm2 and such as being high powered but if "high power" just means centerfire then I stand corrected....

Last edited:
High power just means centerfire.

Yep, that is all it means.

It took me a while to come to accept it too. I think it comes from competition shooting dividing things into rimfire and high power.

Jack

Back