Adding length to speaker wire

SWAMPFOOT

Ok Im new and want to ask some of you guys about adding wire to a short speaker. I have the lohman cd caller to start out with, it has about a 15' speaker wire with it already However I would like for my speaker to be probably 20-30yds from me. Can i add by splicing into the wire that already exists say 50 -75 feet of wire. Iknow it will add resistance but will the speaker still work ok ? I know its gonna be a pain in the a$$ getting all that wire laid out and put back up. what do you think? Thanks for all the help

They usually make extensions for callers,did you check their website?If not try radio shack or a music shop,I have 75'of wire on mine,its works fine.

SWAMPFOOT,
I have been there and done that with a Stewart MS-512. The speaker still worked just fine. Problem is the dang wire getting all twisted up and tangled from unrolling and re-rolling. I ended up cutting the speaker wire to maybe a couple of feet long. I taped a minute of silence onto each calling tape. I could then set caller down, hit go button and walk 50 yards or so cross-wind & sit down before the caller started screaming.

Back