Fishing in MN

varmithntr

Hey guys- check out my post in the GREAT WHITE NORTH - we have a few openings for the fishing trip to Lake of The Woods on the U.S. / Canada boarder.
GOT VACATION?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Holy Smokes guys! Get signed up. For those who always wanted to fish "up north," this is your chance! This is like going on a guided trip with FREE lodging and FREE guides and... Well, hell, if you don't sign up, it's your loss!

Varmithntr has made an extremely generous offer. We'll see who's smart enough to hop on board.

Starting to think I should have posted this back in NovemBURR when everyone was home!
So far we have 3 for sures and 2 possables. Talked with the nieghbor from the resort last night and he is willing to do a deal if we need more room than the cabin has.
The Great Northern people would love for some of our friends from different parts of the site to come and join us.

Sure wish you could make it. We'd love to have someone who talks funny come along!!!

Thanks for the well-wishes. We'll have a ball.

Thanks Randy, always like to keep em laughing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif We are usually North of Mn. in Canada during that time of year but the timing wasn't right this year. I would like to catch up with you guys on the next one. Take skeeter dope!!!

I'm surprised people aren't stampeding to get in on this. I know for many folks this would be a trip of a lifetime. Not only could they fish like all those stories they read about in Outdoor Life, Field and Stream, etc. they could do it with some great, like-minded people. Some folks are going to be kicking themselves for allowing this opportunity to pass.

Weasel,

To be honest with you, I agree 100%!!! Our host has opened his hospitality to everyone here. Maybe people don't understand it all. Lake of the woods is a WORLD CLASS walleye fishery. Many, many trophy walleyes are taken from it each and every year! Muskies? Again, one of the best places in the world to catch a monster. Same with Smallmouth bass, northern pike...

This is the same trip that you'd pay $3,500 for if you were to buy it from a guide at a sportsman's show. And, it's yours.... FREE!

Wow.

Well not FREE- you have to bring SOMETHING good to drink! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Like Randy B said the lake IS on the TOP ten list of Lakes in the U.S. for sport fishing!! And you know what I love about it???
NO JET SKIS!!!!, well maybe a few but not hundres like on my other Favorite lake -- Lake Vermillion in The Arrowhead of Minnesota--- THAT trip will be later this summer and Randy B knows what we will targeting then-hint-can you hear the theme from JAWS???? MUSKIES!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I love fishing Vermillion too! But, I've got some honey holes there for walleyes too. And I love casting the rocks for smallies. Sooo many lakes and so little time....

I'm really excited about LOTW though. I haven't fished it in a quite a few years. My wife made an "all girls" trip there for a few years in a row. They went out down rigging for walleyes. Did very well too.

Would a guy born and raised in northern Wisconsin that abandoned his heritage and moved to Colorado be welcome?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Quote:
I wanna' go! But it's the wrong time of the month for me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I thought that was a problem for young females???

Jack

Quote:
Quote:
I wanna' go! But it's the wrong time of the month for me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I thought that was a problem for young females???

Jack

I'm not touching that ONE!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Clambuster- you get here you fish. Thats all I'm going to say...Might tease you about Fart Barve though! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Wyo- same less the fart jokes!

Last edited:
If we get a full house I can still bring my boat. I'm thinking with four boats we'll be able to fish 12 guys pretty comfortably.

WyoSongDog,

Do you have that western accent? If we can't get a Texan or someone from Oklahoma, we may have to just pick on you! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

My "monthly problem" is a 2-week wilderness pack trip with greg223 in the middle of June. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

No western accent here Randy, but you can pick on me anyway. I just want to see if your as good at catching Walleyes in your skivvies as you are at laying down Coyotes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. Wait.......maybe I dont want to see that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif. I am no stranger to Big Walleye and Pike. Musky will be a new challenge.

Back