New scope - Problems - Burris Black Diamond 4-16 <--Nevermind.. User Error

SDVmnt

Ok.. Just got my new scope from Burris in the mail. I have all leupolds and one Nikon Monarch so far. This is my second Burris Black Diamond, sold the first one because I thought I didn't need a 6-24 power scope. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif Now that I do feel the need for one, I sent in another Pro-form to Burris that gives you an insane discount. You get them if you're an employee of a sporting goods store. Only reason I bring this up is I'd be back at the store in 2 shakes if I got it locally. Can't exactly do that now.. Anyways...

It's a Burris Black Diamond 4-16x50. Mounted it up on the new AR and started sighting it in with a leupold bore sighter. Got windage set in 4 clicks or so and started to adjust the elevation.

I'm only getting 40 clicks TOTAL from top to bottom of elevation? My windage is way over 200. Actually, I turned it all the way in and started trying to count how many I could get in windage and got scared I was going to turn the [beeep] thing completely out so I quit. Was into 200 for sure.

Am I right in saying my scope is hosed??

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Ok.. I feel stupid.. I said the hell with it and grabbed a quarter to go crank on it. Figured it was already broke /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif.. Started turning and felt a little resistance then boom, it was turning freely. Now I've got tons of adjustment. This scope doesn't have the turrets like the other black diamonds so there isn't much of a wheel to grab on to. There is bit of a tight spot in the rotation which I don't think is right but it will work fine..

Darn near did something stupid and spent 3 times this tonight. Was all but ready to throw on my shoes run to Sportsmans and make the credit card start melting. There's a pretty sweet Kahles for sale right now!

Sorry I blew up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I just returned a burris for the same exact reason,This is their response

There may have been a small amount of lubricant that caused the bushing to act as it did. If you are uncomfortable with it please send it to the following address and we will gladly replace it. You do not need a return authorization. Once we have received it we will send you a service order number for reference.

Back