What do you think?

FlyingV

Last night, I attended a NWTF banquet and won 2 rifles.

A T/C Encore in .270. It has the laminate wood thumbhole stock, stainless steel and came with a Bushnell Trophy 3x9 silver scope.

I also won a Mossberg 100ATR chambered in 30-06. It has the camoflage stock and looks real nice.

Do you guys have any opinions on these rifles? What can I expect for accuracy from them? I don't reload.

Wow !!!! two rifles /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif. Things were really going your way /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif, I would be happy if I were to ever win one rifle let alone two. Congrats on that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif. As far as for accuracy, the Encore's have proven themselves for years in all platforms they produce, good guns, just single shots /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif. The Mossberg, have heard pretty good reviews, just not alot of them out there yet to have proven themselve I don't think /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif.
My .02 worth
Tony

Can I borrow your luck for the lottery? Congrats on the guns. I have a Encore and love it. I like Mossberg there shotguns are great so I figure there bolt action should be good to. Congrats again /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Don't know anything about the Encore but a buddy of mine has an ATR in 270. Comparing a 30/06 and a 270 may be like comparing apples and oranges but, his 270 will consistently group 1 - 1.5 inches at 100 yds. with factory Winchester 130 gr. loads, and he has not tired any other brand. Overall I think the ATR is a good rifle, it is just a matter of finding what the rifle likes.

Thanks for the info guys! I really screwed up last night though. I failed to buy a Poweball ticket for last night's drawing! I could kick myself!

Back