Seen a Blue Eyed Coyote? *PIC*

rockinbbar

I have thrown this around before to no avail, but not here on PM.

We called & killed a double not too long ago & the male was not quite dead when I got to him.

The first thing I noticed was that he had blue eyes. They were both the same color.
I know no domestic dogs were in the area at all, for years.

Got a pretty good pic of the color... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

blueeye.jpg

Have you guys encountered this before?

If there is someone biology wise here, what could you attribute this to?

Also saw a black coyote in the same area, but running at 400 yards while driving to the stand.

There's a HUGE number of coyotes in this area. I wonder if we'll encounter some of the same in the future...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Thanks for the input!

Barry

Siberian Husky, have blue eye's. Might be domestic dog in that coyote's bloodline.

When I was a kid, we got a very large Alaskian Malamute from the animal rescue league. That dog had blue eye's.

Could be....But, the area is VERY remote with only 2 homes within 10 miles & no dogs that could breed in the past 2-3 decades.

Could be someone put a dog out, but it'd be a LONG drive to do that.

The coyote also looked pure coyote otherwise.

Hmm, I guess I've never really noticed the eye color. One thing I did notice on my bobcat that I shot last year was that the eyes were blue.

Quote:
Among a couple of other obvious oddities this one has blues eyes -

me and my son

15601IMG_1067.JPG

That's kind of a creepy picture... It looks like the coyote is still alive and it's going open a can...

That yote could have genes from a domesticated dog that could go back a really long time. its possible that the coyote migrated to the area or some of its ancestors did. Dont put anything past mother nature and her ways of doing things though.

Quote:
Blue eyed coyotes are fairly common around here. I get a few every year. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

secondplace.jpg

Im sitting here at work minding my own business and just lost it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Redfrog, it's a good thing I wasn't drinking my soda when I saw that, I would hate to send you a bill for my monitor and keyboard /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif.

Redfrog thanks that just cheered me up. I would be out after the black one. Just imagine a black one with blue eyes. Now that would be awesome.

Quick question for you tech guys ???

How do you remove Iced tea from Keyboard, monitor, mouse and wives favorite wall hanging ??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Back