March and April

greg223

Ever notice how some folks get kind of "owly" this time of year? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Maybe we all need to go out and catch or kill something? Ha, won't the liberals like that statement /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif Won't be long and we will be out whacking squirrels, gophers, rockchucks, groundhogs, PD's, ticks, 'skeeters and any other thing that crawls and is legal. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif Patience men, we'll make it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Greg,
That is funny--I just thought 'owly' was a regional term down here in Kansas! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif We used to refer to bank customers that would get crosswise with the bank as owly!

I agree with you--too much keyboard time and not enough trigger time!

Weather is getting nicer down here, and I need to shoot my new Dtech!

Tim

We call it "Caged up" or "Cabin Fever" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Your right though, Ive noticed a build up of abrasive and a corrosion of curtesy round these parts. I'm guilty as the next guy so I'm gonna rake the lawn, Deep fry some cajun rubbed game hens and set up the BB hoop for the boy. Later we have our annual "make your own ice cream/ catch the first fish, Scout meeting. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

That ought to knock some dust from my lungs!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Dave

Grunter, That would almost justify a trip East...
Quote:
cajun rubbed game hens

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Yep I got the "spring fever" real bad.

It's been so warm that I don't feel safe venturing out onto the ice anymore and I can't wait for it to just disappear.

Then it will be finally time to get the boat back out and chase some crappies until the opener.

But in the mean time I just got to keep working and pickin' up OT shifts to pay for my summer adventures.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Since I always start way early I get over the "owly/cocky/SA" 'tude pretty quick. I went first of March for three days of prairie dogs and just got back yesterday from three more so I'm not lacking for shooting. I have had to sit thru some tough wind, find some new spots and waste a bit of ammo but it was well worth it.
Have to spend more time loading tho...........

Were still getting snow and freezing here every night, I'm really looking forward to it warming up enough that the ground squirrels will start digging out. I spent the last six weeks with the flu that's going around so it's not been a problem with wanting to get out.

My old hunting partner bought a new CZ 527 in 204 Ruger and the weather has been so bad that we haven't even got out to sight it in. Perhaps it will warm up next week.

Must be talkin' bout that speshul "wrist action" cajun's put into rubbin' the chicken. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Quote:
Its warming up here but raining every dang day. Hard to even get out to the range with all this water comign down!

I feel your pain /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Walked out 1/2 mile a few days ago into a 1x2 mile section. Called a timber/CRP patch = O. Done some 1/4 mile prone shootin on the way back. Killed 1 beanfield dirt clod /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Quote:
Walked out 1/2 mile a few days ago into a 1x2 mile section. Called a timber/CRP patch = O. Done some 1/4 mile prone shootin on the way back. Killed 1 beanfield dirt clod /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Where's the pictures and hero shot /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif
Never seen a dead clod before /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

DF2

Quote:
Since I always start way early I get over the "owly/cocky/SA" 'tude pretty quick.....

Steve, I've been on here for a loooooong time......has there been a change that I missed....? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Sorry...I couldn't pass over that opportunity. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I use this time of year to re-sight all my rifles for when the yote pups first stick their heads out of the dens. Would that be considered "owly"? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dirt clods; 4 Winter's ago, took one of my Bro's to East central Iowa. There was a pack of feral dogs in an area. This pack threatened a landowner. We were invited on his land to hunt them & coyotes. This section was 2x3 miles square. An old abandoned rail line cut through this section.

We walked in from two different sides. Called 1-side. Nothing shown up along the old abandoned rail line. On the other walk in from the opposite side of the section. We walked in on a very large hayfield, with large round bales. I seen what appeared to be a black coyote out Sunning up ahead. I crept up to the last large haybail for a resting shot.

Put this black spot in my scope, zoomed up to 14 power. Spot was 150yrs or so away. Yup, black coyote. Bang! it's head flew off. Was a black pile of dirt, shaped just like a coyote. An oddity for sure.

dirt clod killer kirby LOL!

Quote:
Dirt clods; 4 Winter's ago, took one of my Bro's to East central Iowa. There was a pack of feral dogs in an area. This pack threatened a landowner. We were invited on his land to hunt them & coyotes. This section was 2x3 miles square. An old abandoned rail line cut through this section.

We walked in from two different sides. Called 1-side. Nothing shown up along the old abandoned rail line. On the other walk in from the opposite side of the section. We walked in on a very large hayfield, with large round bales. I seen what appeared to be a black coyote out Sunning up ahead. I crept up to the last large haybail for a resting shot.

Put this black spot in my scope, zoomed up to 14 power. Spot was 150yrs or so away. Yup, black coyote. Bang! it's head flew off. Was a black pile of dirt, shaped just like a coyote. An oddity for sure.

dirt clod killer kirby LOL!

Maybe it died and turned back the the dust from which it came so fast that it was a real coyote and you didn't know it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Quote:
Quote:
Since I always start way early I get over the "owly/cocky/SA" 'tude pretty quick.....

Steve, I've been on here for a loooooong time......has there been a change that I missed....? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Sorry...I couldn't pass over that opportunity. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Ok Steve...you caught me. Ya caught the tater..........

Back