DEER CAMP -- good times all year

badtothebone

Nuthin' special, just some shots of deer camp. It's a blast all year. We had our annual spring work party (aka goof off weekend). Also got 3 'chucks with the new .204. Shoots like a ray gun.

The cabin before we started to raise the front with 4 house jacks 4 inches, then set it back down:'

Picture215.jpg

The work in progress:

Picture218.jpg

Picture229.jpg

After we got it leveled and set back down:

Picture236.jpg

What coyotes do in the driveway when we're not there:

Picture224.jpg

Picture227.jpg

Shouldn't have cooked deer & beans for THIS crew. It got a little 'windy' /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif:

Picture225.jpg

Able, the psycho 'fetch 'em up' dog:

Picture228.jpg

Cookin' and chillin':

Picture241.jpg

Picture239.jpg

Deer hunting for us lasts 12 months a year. All the off-season get togethers, campfires, spitting and farting, lie telling, and cheating at euchre. Gotta' love it.

Best regards, friends!

Rudy

Rudy, the last pic says it all! There isn't anything better than getting away for a weekend at deer camp. Even work at deer camp cleanses the soul and it makes it seem like fun instead of work. This thread is much better than some of the others that are chugging along here right now. Your pics lifted my spirits greatly, seeing men enjoy the finer aspects of hunting instead of wanting to see each others govt. paperwork /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif. My kiddos are both finally enjoying the deer camp and two weeks from now I'll post some pics of our next trip there. Thanks for the pics Rudy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif.
Trashcan
DCC

Looks like you got plenty of room for other PMers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif

Grunter,

It's a long haul to here from the Hudson Valley, but we're friendly folk out here. Thanks for 'NOTICEing'. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Love your avatar.

When we were youngsters, hunting was mostly about getting the big buck, and numbers. As we got older we realized that getting the deer only takes the second needed to pull the trigger. We were missing out on so much more.

Now we start in Feb/Mar shed hunting, maintain a trail system all summer, do lots of brush hogging and mowing, and ease on into bow season and gun season. Then do it all over again.

Between work parties are lots of get togthers, bon fires, tall tales about the 900 yard shot, in a howling croswind, at the deer running as fast as a deer can go, how I shot where I figured he'd be in three minutes, and everything connected. Now, we all know, it was 50 yards, standing broadside, had a poor sense of smell and was half blind. But, we have been hearing the story evolve for many years and love it. LOL!

It's all good, at deer camp.

Rudy

Last edited:
Really nice place you have there. I'm sure it has a lot of great memories! Good times... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Here's my old deer huntin' shack...
huntingshack-1.jpg

I know it looks kinda rough, but I do kill a lot of deer there on the weekends. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
deerdisplay1940-1.jpg

G,

I see you spruced up the place for the picture, huh? I though you guys roughed it? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gifLOL!!!

Brother, I would have loved to live back in those days! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Rudy

Back