Minaska Outdoors Bandit-M1 Base Package - $349.95

Steve Borland

We are proud to announce that starting immediately we will begin offering our Bandit-M1 Base Package for $349.95!

The M1 comes standard in Mossy Oak Break-up and includes an (8) AA battery holder. This unit is upgradeable to the rechargeable package if desired!

Here is a full list of features:

• Loaded with 30 sounds of your choice from our entire library. You have the option to upgrade to the lifetime of FREE SOUNDS ($125 upgrade includes card reader/writer). This unit like all of our Bandit series of game calls will hold and allow you to play up to 100 sounds!
• Includes 256MB Compact Flash - Removable and Upgradeable up to 16GB
• No Time Limit on each sound! 30 Minute sounds aren't a problem.
• 400+ yd full function remote control - featuring 10 sounds per Bank.
• Full 5-year Warranty
• The unit weighs 1lb 10ozs with batteries installed!
• 6" long and 4" wide and 2" inches thick
• Operates on 8 AA batteries (upgradeable to rechargeable package)
• The remote operates on a 9 volt battery
• External Audio Jack (External Speaker)
• Audio In Jack (MP3, CD, Tape Player)
• Charging Jack
• Auxiliary Jack (Decoy, Game Camera)

All of our products are engineered, tested and manufactured in Lincoln, NE!

CURRENT MINASKA OWNERS - can add sounds right to this unit with their lifetime of FREE SOUNDS! You can also save $50 if you already have a remote and don't need to have a second one!

Bandit-M1 Base Package

m1.jpg

Not bad Minaska. Not bad at all.

BUT, (I'll probably get hammered for saying this, actually I KNOW I will) but if you would have INCLUDED the lifetime of free sounds in this package you would of really made it one heck of a deal on a mass manufactured caller. I'm speaking for myself only, but I see 4, maybe 5, sounds on the list that I (me) would use for calling coyotes or cats here where I live. The rest are totally useless and just taking up space for what I would use the caller for. I would of found it hard to resist if the entire library of sounds were included at the $350 price. As it is, I (me) just can't justify $350 for a 4 or 5 sound caller. I also cannot justify paying $125 extra for the entire library just to get 4 or 5 more sounds that I *might* could use. I do realize that some guys could use the crow sounds and some of the others on the pre-programmed list. In my case they just don't interest me.

You're close to trippin my trigger Minaska. Real close. Not quite there yet. Please don't take what I just said above as a negative or a put down. It's not what I want it to come across as. I commend you guys for what you're doing.
dc

I understand what Doggin coyotes is saying. Here in va. no elk,pigs and it's illegal to call coons with electronics.
Would be outstanding if we could pick out 30 sounds of our choice.

Quote:
Not bad Minaska. Not bad at all.

BUT, (I'll probably get hammered for saying this, actually I KNOW I will) but if you would have INCLUDED the lifetime of free sounds in this package you would of really made it one heck of a deal on a mass manufactured caller. I'm speaking for myself only, but I see 4, maybe 5, sounds on the list that I (me) would use for calling coyotes or cats here where I live. The rest are totally useless and just taking up space for what I would use the caller for. I would of found it hard to resist if the entire library of sounds were included at the $350 price. As it is, I (me) just can't justify $350 for a 4 or 5 sound caller. I also cannot justify paying $125 extra for the entire library just to get 4 or 5 more sounds that I *might* could use. I do realize that some guys could use the crow sounds and some of the others on the pre-programmed list. In my case they just don't interest me.

You're close to trippin my trigger Minaska. Real close. Not quite there yet. Please don't take what I just said above as a negative or a put down. It's not what I want it to come across as. I commend you guys for what you're doing.
dc

doggin_coyotes,

I agree with you to a certain extent in that most of the sounds there would not interest me. However, I think it would be rediculous to ask them to include the entire sound library at that price. I gaurantee you won't see Foxpro, WT, JS, etc. doing that. A lifetime of free sounds is probably worth more than $125 if you think about it. Depending on how many more years you have of calling left, the sound library could grow to literally thousands of sounds. Considering what other manufacturers charge for additional sounds I would say that $125 is a smoking deal.

What I would like to see Minaska offer is this caller in a custom programmable version where you could pick the 30 sounds that you wanted from their library. They could also maybe offer different versions of the setup with sounds geared for just predators, big game, etc. They will always have to have a base package like the one above for the retail stores, but the ability to pick your sounds I think would be a great benefit. Just my 2 cents.

I think you guys are doing a great job. Keep it up Minaska.

SD...

Yeah, we kinda seem to be saying/thinking the same thing.

I'll agree with ya. Sell the caller at that price and let the buyer pick the sounds he wants and it would be a great package.

Quote:
However, I think it would be rediculous to ask them to include the entire sound library at that price. I gaurantee you won't see Foxpro, WT, JS, etc. doing that.

I don't know about rediculous. Foxpro's entire library, Minaska's entire library, the entire JS library, WT's entire library, I'm still only interested in a handfull of good useful PREDATOR calling sounds from any of them. Combine ALL their libraries together and there are still only a handful I'm interested in. I know lots of guys must think they need a hundred or more sounds to call predators. I personally don't need or want that many on a caller. 30 good useful sounds are even way more than I need. But that's just me and the way I call.

It's obvious to me a quality e-caller can be produced/sold by a company for $350 and that company can still make a good profit doing it or Minaska couldn't or wouldn't do it. I see this as a chance for Minaska to just jump out and run away with the e-caller market with just a little tweaking to this package. Just my opinion.

That's a good deal on a M-1 Package. I think if you offered the customer the option to choose the 30 sounds they wanted, it'd be even a hotter screamin' deal. Is there a new button configuration on the M-1?

So if I have "The Ultimate one" already. I can get the M1 without a remote for $299.00 and use The "ultimate one remote" on the m1. If so I will be getting one next week.

Sorry, I'm not real familiar or up to date on all the mass produced e-callers these days and have a question about this M-1 bandit.

Can the user add or delete sounds on this caller? That is, if I had JS, Foxpro or other sounds on my computer, can I load these sounds onto this caller?

I'm thinking the answer is yes, but don't know for sure. If the answer is yes, then that puts a whole different spin on the way I'm thinking.

Still, I like the thought of being able to pick and choose the 30 sounds that the caller would come with if purchased..

Quote:

Can the user add or delete sounds on this caller? That is, if I had JS, Foxpro or other sounds on my computer, can I load these sounds onto this caller?

Yes you can if they are in a mp3 format, "which is easy to convert". Probably half the sounds on mine are my own sounds.

UPDATE:

I have changed the base package to allow the customer to pick 30 sounds from our entire library that they would like to have shipped with their M1.

nboost,

Yes that is correct. If you already own a Bandit, All-in-ONE, Big Country Bandit or Ultimate ONE you can use the remote and card reader you already have and save another $50 off of the price tag bringing it down to $299.95. The only charger you can use on the M1 is our standard 12V wall charger so you would not be able to use the 2-Stage charger if that is the one you have. (to much power for the AA's)

Here is a full list of sounds we currently offer soon to be sold individually as well as packs of sounds!

Sound Library

Steve,

That is some unbelievable response time on customer feedback. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif That just goes to show how committed you guys are to meeting the needs of your customers. I think your going to be swamped with orders for this base package. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Doggin_coyotes,

I agree with you about only using a handful of the 100 sounds. I have 100 predator sounds on my Minaska(I've loaded some sounds from other companies), but I always seem to go back to the same ones because I know they work and I have confidence in them. The point I was trying to make was that these companies have alot invested in these sounds and to give them all away for a low price just wouldn't be realistic in my opinion, regardless of how many of those sounds the user may actually use. They have to protect their investment somehow. I hope that makes sense. I hope you grab ahold of one of these callers. Minaska makes a great product. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

WAY TO GO MINASKA!! This truely seems like the best bargin for an e-caller that has come down the pike in a long time.

Excuse me now, but I need to go look over that sound list.

Is there any way to preview a short segment of each sound? I get an option to hear the guinea fowl, but that's the only one. Any way to hear the others? Thanks.

Are people who buy these going to have access to the Minaska Forum for further information and help? If so I would assume that the site would change to have some type of secure sound download area for the customers with the library of free sounds option.

doggin,

Thank you for the kind words...

Yes definitely, keep checking the list you will begin to see links to the sound previews.. I am working on that right now.. not hearing the sounds you want loaded beforehand would be like buying a new truck without hearing the engine scream... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

snow,

As of right now we will not be doing that simply because of the reason you just stated... there is no separation.. they are one in the same downloads & forum. As for any support or help needed for non lifetime of free sounds owners they can email, phone or PM us as well as post questions on this or any of the other predator hunting forums out there.

Back